What movie did you watch last night? (19 Viewers)

You ever see Hopper in the Seagal film Ticker? It's an amazing shit-fest, Hopper does possibly the greatest comedy Irish accent to ever grace the big screen. Hopper's foreign accents are all genius really, his Serbian warlord in 24 was amazing too.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

haha, will check it. I think I'll pepper 2022 viewing with Norris, Siegel and Van Damme.

In terms of his directing, he can even make artistic failure interesting.

He disowned this, but it's curious stuff nonetheless.

Catchfire (1990) - IMDb

Watched Colors in May which gets a lot of flak from the woke letterboxd brigage... music and cinematography as characters in a movie - exuberant. The use of hiphop and cityscapes in Colors is delirious, and throw in a very dull, deadly Don Cheadle as a blood - recommendation enough.

Anyway, I watched Single White Female tonight.

Incredulous stuff... hard to even fathom it on a psycho-sexual level, although it comes under this whole late 80s/early 90s psycho-sexual/gushing faucets giggling housemates in a kitchen/ erotic stuff that includes Black Widow...probably Ken Russell and Brian DePalma are the genesis of this stuff in Hollywood pop culture: High art descending to meaningless, formless pap over a decade.

Zola

I knew nothing about it beforehand apart from it being based on some twitter related business?

Don't hold that against it. It was really good.

I watched "I Never Cry" the other day. Polish-Irish film about a young Polish woman whose father in Ireland dies, and she has to go to Dublin to claim the body etc. It was really good and the Polish one is basically a star in her first screen role.

George Lucas 2004 remix of THX 1138

Great! Although there was

the extra little cgi shell dweller monkey men near the end

The Departed again. I don't know why.

Did we really dress like that back then? It's a very strange movie. Toxic masculinity on film.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Cornu Ammonis
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back