What movie did you watch last night? (10 Viewers)

Saw that newish Liam Neeson one 'Honest Thief' a couple of days ago.
Brian Mills eh I mean not Brian Mills honestly is a bank robber who wants to turn himself in to the feds. Unfortunately for him, some dirty feds would rather take his money and kill him.
Basically this is pretty much everything you'd want from this film, Liam Neeson playing not-Brian-Mills-honest and going after some bad guys after they come after him. There's fuck all fighting really, but some good shit with bombs. And actually, despite this being fairly bollocks but entertaining, the supporting cast for the most part are actually really good, Jai Courtney is basically made to play dodgy cunt US authority guys, and Jeffrey Donovan is great as conflicted fed with a life breakdown lad.
So yeah basically does what it says on the tin.
Ooh one last thing to mention, at times this almost has a bit of a 'Fugitive' feel to it, but like obviously it's not amazing the way the Fugitive is. I think that means it's actually pretty well directed though, haha.

A few days ago I watched Troll Hunter again, still class, TROLLLLLLL

Dark Waters.

It totally hits the "Movie about something that really happened" spot.
I felt worthy after watching it. Ruffalo, Hathaway, Robbins, good story. It is a solid proposition.

Also, I liked Troll Hunter, must give it a re-watch. I actually got to see and touch the Troll Hunters truck once, before I knew anything about the movie. It looked equally as awesome in real life.

This week.

Host - Zoom horror. Silly but fun

Freaky - Slasher movie twist on the teen comedy body swap sub-genre (freaky Friday etc...). Silly but fun

Black Bear - Lynchian mind-fuck identity crisis drama/thriller. Silly but fun (actually intense and grueling but very good)

Tenet - Silly but not fun

Re-animator.
I'm not a big fan of horror comedies in general. I usually find them a bit lazy & tiresome, but this one is good. There are some really inventive, ridiculously, OTT gore scenes.

Not a movie, but the Lego Star Wars Holiday Special is pretty good fun.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Saw that new Wonderwoman film there. Fairly meh, standard superhero fare for the most part. Actually the actors do a pretty good job, especially Pedro the legend, but it's just another superhero film like all the rest of them really.
There is a line in it though where an English chip shop woman shouts "I wish all you Irish bastards would go back to where you came from" at an Irish lad. For real. Now I want to see the version of this film where instead of 'Irish' she says 'Black', 'Jewish', 'Paki', etc.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Do you think it will actually be any good? So far, only Kill List has been worth watching. A Field in England's mushroom sequence was amazing but the rest of the film was a bit shit. Sightseers, High Rise, Free Fire were all various shades of bollocks, I keep watching his movies though in the hopes that he captures that spark that he had for Kill List (which is fucking brilliant).

Do you think it will actually be any good? So far, only Kill List has been worth watching. A Field in England's mushroom sequence was amazing but the rest of the film was a bit shit. Sightseers, High Rise, Free Fire were all various shades of bollocks, I keep watching his movies though in the hopes that he captures that spark that he had for Kill List (which is fucking brilliant).
Agree with all that. He’s one of those directors whose ideas sound awesome on paper, but the execution always turns out to be a bit crap. I rewatched A Field in England a while ago though and it holds up better than I remember. I think the things this has going for it are intriguing concept, Reece Shearsmith and stripped down production (15 day shoot - I think he’s better on small scale projects).

Just back from seeing a back to back bill of Train To Busan followed by its 'sequel' Peninsula.

Train to Busan is just as good second time, really great craic well done zombie film with some great characters in it, especially the big wrestler-type lad. A brilliant film.

Peninsula is to Train to Busan what Battle Royale 2 is to Battle Royale. The nicest thing I can say about it is that it doesn't quite hit the laughable level of Battle Royale 2. Basically, you've seen Mad Max, yeah? And you've seen Escape From New York, yeah? Then you've already seen this movie anyway. 100% would recommend not bothering.

Agree with all that. He’s one of those directors whose ideas sound awesome on paper, but the execution always turns out to be a bit crap. I rewatched A Field in England a while ago though and it holds up better than I remember. I think the things this has going for it are intriguing concept, Reece Shearsmith and stripped down production (15 day shoot - I think he’s better on small scale projects).
I love A field in England. I thought the mushroom trip sequence was the weakest part on first view, which I watched one c4 the night it was premiered. It felt like a real event, what with it being premiered simultaneously in cinemas. I liked that sequence better on the second viewing. I've since bought the DVD and the soundtrack album.
In fact, at the risk of straying into hyperbole, If I ever have a child I will name it AFIE after this film.

Saw Let Him Go, Kevin Costner kind of doing a Western, who'd have thought it. Very good though, once it gets going it has a similar kind of atmosphere to Blue Ruin and that kind of thing. Costner is good in it too, similar to his role in that Yellowstone show which is actually quite good, basically give him the right part and tell him not to bother doing too much and he can still be very good ha.
I could see him doing a Clint really, just play the same role every few years for the next 3 decades and I'll go watch all of those films.

Another Round. Mads Mikkelsen knocks it out of the park once again as a depressed Dane who, along with a group of friends, decides that life would be much more bearable if you are constantly on a low level buzz. Good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back