What movie did you watch last night? (4 Viewers)

Bernie Lomax

I watched I’m Thinking of Ending Things last night. It’s very Charlie Kaufman so if you don’t like his films I wouldn’t bother. I liked it. First half is good. Second half drags on a bit

Cormcolash

Website
geocities.com
I watched Les Miserables the other day.
Russell Crowe is chasing Huge Jackedman across France in his jeep....
Wait no that's a different Les Miserables, this one is a new French film about a squad of cops on patrol in one of the more run-down Paris banlieues. I'm not gonna say much except that it feels a bit like La Haine crossed with the French TV show Engrenages/Spiral, which is also class.
Basically this is great, has a bit of The Wire kind of feel to it as well. It's not as good as La Haine, but La Haine is a perfect piece of filmmaking so what ya gonna do.

hermie

Supporter
Website
Visit site
I watched I’m Thinking of Ending Things last night. It’s very Charlie Kaufman so if you don’t like his films I wouldn’t bother. I liked it. First half is good. Second half drags on a bit
Where would you place it on a list of his movies, somewhere near the bottom?

Anthony

Supporter
Since 2000
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
For the past three nights I've been watching Marillion concerts online. They livestreamed a gig and other shenanigans because the usual Conventions were cancelled. Fun watching something with 7000 other people with live chatting.

Anthony

Supporter
Since 2000
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
Watched a film yesterday called This Is Where I End It (or something like that). Fucking looong. First half + is good then it turns into a poor lets-do-david-lynch at the end and I ended up hating it and hating myself for watching it.

Lili Marlene

Trying not to have a bad day
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
That'd be the latest Charlie Kaufman.

Which I also didn't realize was the latest Charlie Kaufman when I put it on. The lead actor is from Kerry!

Richie

Made my first cinema trip in 6 months, to see Tenet. It's fine... The time reversal sci-fi hook could have made what is otherwise yet another slick superspy globe-trotting Mission Impossible / Bond / Bourne thing into something a bit fresher, but it mostly just makes it more difficult to follow. Chris Nolan still cannot really do natural-sounding dialogue and you get a cliche Bond villian in the form of Kenneth Brannagh doing a Russki accent. There are a few great set pieces in fairness and John Washington adds a bit of charm to what would otherwise be a fairly blank central character (Robert Pattinson also good).

Cormcolash

Website
geocities.com
Made my first cinema trip in 6 months, to see Tenet. It's fine... The time reversal sci-fi hook could have made what is otherwise yet another slick superspy globe-trotting Mission Impossible / Bond / Bourne thing into something a bit fresher, but it mostly just makes it more difficult to follow. Chris Nolan still cannot really do natural-sounding dialogue and you get a cliche Bond villian in the form of Kenneth Brannagh doing a Russki accent. There are a few great set pieces in fairness and John Washington adds a bit of charm to what would otherwise be a fairly blank central character (Robert Pattinson also good).

Yeah it's a good laugh and is definitely another Christopher Nolan basically a Bond film job, good action and shit but also pretty ridiculous

hugh

Supporter
Contributor
Since 2000
I thought Tenet was rubbish. Found it really boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

We're listening to...

• WFLYTD NIGHTCORE
    5W3375W3375W337L1K3BUBBL36UM
    six impala
    WFLYTD NIGHTCORE

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads