What Mountain Goats Album? (1 Viewer)

Oh and 'The Sunset Tree'. 'Love Love Love' is such a great song.

The Sunset Tree is what I would recommend. Its a gigantic tower of a record that made me fall in love with them when I really wasn't expecting it.

depends on your appetite for wheel-grind and tape hiss. the 4ad albums are all well-produced, studio-recorded and feature an increasingly stable line-up - john wurster on drums, peter hughes on bass, now perry wright on 2nd guitar.

of the pre-4ad albums, zopilote machine (1994), full force galesburg (1997) and all hail west texas (2001) are my faves. ahwtx was the last hurrah of the panasonic dx4500 tape deck.

subject matter becomes more personal from we shall all be healed (2003) onwards.

tread carefully with jonah's get lonely suggestion - its a really quiet album and probably not the best place to start.

Get Lonely is a great album but is really depressing so unless you feel in a bit of a wrist-slitty kinda mood you might want to go with The Sunset Tree, at least you can dance to the depressing stuff on that album.

I have to agree with the above comments on 'Get Lonely' despite my recommendation. Still my favourite though :)

Interesting topic, Very nice collection and great information about album.
I like this, nice for recommended these best album. I am really appreciate from this post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back