What is your favourite ABBA single? (1 Viewer)

What is your favourite ABBA song?

• Super Trouper

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Knowing Me, Knowing You

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Chiquitita

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Fernando

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lay All Your Love On Me

• Does Your Mother Know?

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • The Winner Takes it All

• The Day Before You Came

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • One of Us

• Other (I kinda just put my faves, w/e)

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
One for the You Tube comments thread:

"Abba is as addictive as heroin"

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Did a big nerdy thing on ABBA for THE DEVIL ON 45 magazine some years back... it also resides here

... Visited the ABBA museum in Stockholm about 2 weeks after it opened... it's a condensed affair but the display of worldwide album releases is mighty impressive...

SCF2093.jpg

DSCF2092.jpg

...and then there was this...

SCF2085.jpg

...wasn't particularly down with Björn Ulvaeus's vision for a cashless society that made this place impossible to access without a major credit card... it's alright for him, he has everyone's money...

...Not sure I could pick a favourite ABBA single though... there's a lot of good stuff on those records and a lot of it could have been successful single material...

Check out how just close to being out of tune their harmonies are in the original Eurovision performance

get it together Frida!

is there a story behind this? I was only vaguely aware of their spanish versions until this thread

They loved their Spanish audience (which I think was their Mexican/Latin audience really) so much that they recorded an album in Spanish.
It's gorgeous.
I nicked it off the internet some Saturday many years ago and it's settled in as a weekend favourite.

Knowing Me Knowing You is just amazing. The classic ABBA multi tracked instrumentation. Beautiful drum sound. Great bass part (those triplets thrown in are fantastic) The harmonized counter-melodies running over eachother on the chorus. .....The heartbreak.

THIS VIDEO IS INCREDIBLE.

The balloons, the backing band, the awkward dancing, the acting out of the lyrics, Benny hammering away with a big grin on his face on the instrumental parts (dude, everyone else in the band is at least pretending to be sad for the sake of the song), the "i don't know what to do with my hands without a mic"... ah god it goes on...

Imagine Beyonce being this disorganized.

New ABBA song is pretty good!

They've built an entire arena in the UK to put on their hologram show? Forever, I assume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back