What is your favourite ABBA single? (1 Viewer)

What is your favourite ABBA song?

• Super Trouper

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Knowing Me, Knowing You

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Chiquitita

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Fernando

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lay All Your Love On Me

• Does Your Mother Know?

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • The Winner Takes it All

• The Day Before You Came

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • One of Us

• Other (I kinda just put my faves, w/e)

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
I was chatting with one of the gay lads in my local yesterday and football player Rob Gronkowski came on the TV. The lads reckoned he was a fine thing for the most part, except the guy next to me said "Only 25 though, I wouldn't know whether to burp him or fuck him"
I mentally decided that this is not a line that I could get away with.

No love here for Summer Night City? It's an absolute stomper

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Lay All Your Love On Me. For where the verse builds up and up and then drops for the chorus and the disco beat driving it throughout.

Are there any actual bad ABBA singles? I see a few on that list and first think 'that's an annoying song' but then you hum it and you almost always get to a hook or melody in it and go 'actually, no, that's deadly'.

keanebeard.jpg

“It might seem strange but you find out about characters when you look to see who’s in charge of the music. A young lad might want to put on the latest sound; an older player might say: ‘I’m the senior player’ and put himself in charge. But I noticed none of the players [at Sunderland] were in charge of the music and this was a concern for me. A member of staff was in charge. I was looking at him thinking: ‘I hope someone nails him here.’ The last song before the players went on to the pitch was ‘Dancing Queen’ by Abba. What really worried me was that none of the players – not one – said: ‘Get that shit off.’ They were going out to play a match, men versus men, testosterone levels were high. You’ve got to hit people at pace.
Fuckin’ ‘Dancing Queen.’ It worried me. I didn’t have as many leaders as I thought.”

to play a match, men versus men, testosterone levels were high. You’ve got to hit people at pace.
Fuckin’ ‘Dancing Queen.’ It worried me. I didn’t have as many leaders as I thought.”

Haha, he's got a point though. Dancing Queen is for the wedding dancefloor, not the football dressing room. You want Stuart Pearce in charge of the stereo.

keanebeard.jpg

“It might seem strange but you find out about characters when you look to see who’s in charge of the music. A young lad might want to put on the latest sound; an older player might say: ‘I’m the senior player’ and put himself in charge. But I noticed none of the players [at Sunderland] were in charge of the music and this was a concern for me. A member of staff was in charge. I was looking at him thinking: ‘I hope someone nails him here.’ The last song before the players went on to the pitch was ‘Dancing Queen’ by Abba. What really worried me was that none of the players – not one – said: ‘Get that shit off.’ They were going out to play a match, men versus men, testosterone levels were high. You’ve got to hit people at pace.

Roy was right. About everything.

Are there any actual bad ABBA singles? I see a few on that list and first think 'that's an annoying song' but then you hum it and you almost always get to a hook or melody in it and go 'actually, no, that's deadly'.
A few early dodgy ones on their first album but there's this piece of rubbish off ABBA

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Still passable I suppose.

Out of their big Abba-Gold tracks I think maybe Money, Money, Money is a bit dodgy, mainly because it sounds like something out of a musical rather than a pop song.

Of course I'm sure Benny and Bjorn would take that as the highest compliment.

FWIW I think Money, Money, Money is my favourite Abba song

Fernando was my first ever favourite song - I remember listening to it on my first ever visit to Wexford library, and I know it was 1977 because I never brought the books back so they're still in my ma's house. "Giraffes at home" and "Wally the hairy-nosed wombat"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back