What IS the most derided subgenre of punk? (1 Viewer)

Corm

Website
www.myspace.com
Since we've established that it's probably not oi/street punk, what is it then?

I reckon it's a toss-up between ska, emo and crust. Please post links to the absolute worst examples of each...

I've always been of the opinion Ska bands only play live with punk bands so somebody apart from their girlfriends,mothers and sympathetic mates show up its appalling stuff.
Said it once at a gig, nearly got the smack for it but then again they were ska fans so they ain't going to chase anyboy out of their shows as it was fairly empty anyway with most people braving the cold outside waiting for something else to come on.
Also that new breed of hardcore where it seems to be a pack of skinheads playing heavy metal is pretty eats as well especially when you go to a live gig and see four bands in a row regurgitating the same old shit.
Well that made a lot of sense cos I'd go see a bunch of generic d-beat bands spew out the same old crap night after night.

ska is amazing

ska punk- the opposite

I'm with Byrneos on the Irish/Celtic punk abomination

Yeah, ska-punk I mean, not proper ska. Byrnoes is on the money...there's enough of this shite now for it to be considered a subgenre, it's fucking atrocious, and it's massively popular. I blame the Dropkick Murphys. Their first album was good and the second alright, but the bollocks they started on after that...fuckin hell. Case in point:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Up and down a ladder like a DIDDLER's elbow? Working all day for me rate??!

I just found this:

[video]http://www.myspace.com/mririshbastard[/video]

Oh dear...

Yeah, ska-punk I mean, not proper ska. Byrnoes is on the money...there's enough of this shite now for it to be considered a subgenre, it's fucking atrocious, and it's massively popular. I blame the Dropkick Murphys. Their first album was good and the second alright, but the bollocks they started on after that...fuckin hell. Case in point:

Up and down a ladder like a DIDDLER's elbow? Working all day for me rate??!

I just found this:

[video]http://www.myspace.com/mririshbastard[/video]

Oh dear...

Like a BLUE ASSED FLY

horror punk is pretty atrocious as well, obviously outside the misfits damned and cramps, and all that terrible physco-silly shite like tiger army and necromantix and that, where as theyre pretty bad the bads they spawn are a million times worse.Any of the cores that arnt hardcore are pretty fuckin terrible to oi!core, skacore, metalcore, why cant punk just be about great fuckin tunes

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back