What is a "normal" price for a monthly broadband bill? (1 Viewer)

therealjohnny

Supporter
Solutions
I use it for work and streaming TV and my bill is @60 a month

Is that a lot?

just ran a Speedtest while connected to the work VPN - 425Mbps down and 77Mbps up from my armchair by the window.

Mental when you think back to the days of 10Mbps 10BASE-T LANs

Lazy dummy checking in.

240MB unlimited broadband
Virgin shitty TV horizon standard channels
Phone (not used)

€96 a month

Have been with them for years and dont do that ring up and threaten to cancel thing.

Lazy dummy checking in.

Phone (not used)

€96 a month

Have been with them for years and dont do that ring up and threaten to cancel thing.
You should. They offered to knock 50 off our bill….

I'd say sometimes. Right now with two of us working from home, two laptops and a PC & a few other devices connected it's not, but other times it'll be maxing out at 950 or so.

Just fyi on these results - I had QoS enabled so when I disable that again i’m getting 929/94

edit: just ran it now

Last edited:
Lazy dummy checking in.

Phone (not used)

€96 a month

Defo get it changed. You should get a better speed for less money but it does involve a phone call. I had internet and phone with them and changed to internet, with twice the speed, and no phone and it worked out cheaper than what I was paying previously.

Defo get it changed. You should get a better speed for less money but it does involve a phone call. I had internet and phone with them and changed to internet, with twice the speed, and no phone and it worked out cheaper than what I was paying previously.
I'm so rubbish at lying though.

"I want to cancel my subscription."
"Do you?"
"No, not really :( "

signed up for eir in mid-May. Scheduled installation for this week as I'm out of the country til later today. So, it came as a big surprise when I received an Eir bill for ~40 euro, despite not currently having a single service with them.

So, I called them fully ready for a fight, and fully ready to cancel the whole shooting match. I had the terms and conditions document beside me while in the queue to talk to a customer service agent.

They answered, I explained that I felt I shouldn't be getting billed as as I don't actually use anything from Eir, yet. The lady at the other end went, ok, thats disputed, it will take 7 days to resolve.

No fight was necessary. It was a minor pain in the hole having to ring them to get it sorted, and they've messed up a couple of times regarding installation appointments, but overall I'm impressed with how quickly they sort everything. I wonder will it be as quick once they have me locked in.....

I feel, weird.

signed up for eir in mid-May. Scheduled installation for this week as I'm out of the country til later today. So, it came as a big surprise when I received an Eir bill for ~40 euro, despite not currently having a single service with them.

So, I called them fully ready for a fight, and fully ready to cancel the whole shooting match. I had the terms and conditions document beside me while in the queue to talk to a customer service agent.

They answered, I explained that I felt I shouldn't be getting billed as as I don't actually use anything from Eir, yet. The lady at the other end went, ok, thats disputed, it will take 7 days to resolve.

No fight was necessary. It was a minor pain in the hole having to ring them to get it sorted, and they've messed up a couple of times regarding installation appointments, but overall I'm impressed with how quickly they sort everything. I wonder will it be as quick once they have me locked in.....

I feel, weird.
They’ve been fine so far for me.

Eir installed today. This is during working hours and a lot are working from home around me. I'll get more numbers later in the evening, but even these are impressive. 6 times better than I was getting with Virgin Media, even though the advertised bump should only be 2x

View attachment 15796
I found that turning on QoS had quite a negative effect on the max download speed.

They're saying they'll connect us via the national broadband plan next April, although it wouldn't be the first time they've threatened us with a good time.

Even if it works I wonder how fast it'd be? The box will probably be way down the road, right? Getting this unholy speed on 4G Eir mobile broadband

Screenshot_20220627-210609~2.png

Last edited:
They're saying they'll connect us via the national broadband plan next April, although it wouldn't be the first time they've threatened us with a good time.

Even if it works I wonder how fast it'd be? The box will probably be way down the road, right? Getting this unholy speed on 4G Eir mobile broadband

View attachment 15898

Believe nothing till you see the contractors around the place. they just passed us here a week or two ago - they do a certain distance a day and hang the excess cable on telephone posts for the evening. now that they've put hardware in, we are being told september at the worst.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back