What gig(s) are you going to this week? (1 Viewer)

phew, glad I didn't go... I saw her years ago in Portland, Oregon in a packed tent local music all dayer sort of job [saw Joe Preston too which was cool]. Beads of sweat racing down my back, hot as Satan's balls sun blasting...couldn't think of experiencing her music under less ideal circumstances.

I saw Windy & Carl the same summer... I had to sit down about five minutes in as I was feeling a little nauseous due to the heavy tone...before the gig Laser Beam by Low was playing over the stereo and Carl was by the merch table, and we were both singing along. I said, "this is my favourite Low song." "Me too", Carl said.

Anyway, I'm heading to see Nick Mason in the convention centre tomorrow night. The original show was April 2020.
I went to this. It was a bit disjointed in parts as they hadn't played together in so long, but it was enjoyable. They could maybe do with getting a better singer and a younger, livelier drummer.

I went to this. It was a bit disjointed in parts as they hadn't played together in so long, but it was enjoyable. They could maybe do with getting a better singer and a younger, livelier drummer.

Three days of rehearsals on the same stage this week.

Just got an email about the Jeff Rosenstock gig later pleading with people attending to wear masks, especially if you the front or going to the mercy stand. As they’ve said themselves, they don’t want to cancel gigs
Just saw on Instagram that 2 of the band have already caught it. Not even a week into the tour. Must be a nightmare trying to tour now

Planes, trains and hotels booked for three Van der Graaf Generator gigs over the next couple of weeks
😧

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

google translate said:
The #VanderGraafGenerator concert today in Nuremberg, Hirsch, unfortunately has to be cancelled! Peter Hammill is ill. We will keep you up to date... Above all: Get well soon, Peter! ❤️❤️❤️❤️‍🩹❤️

FWIW open mics nights are very much hit and miss ... and very often mostly miss. But this thing last night had some really good acts - people with some real originality and skill. Some German sounding lad working a drone with his foot and playing bazouki, someone with blue facepaint playing charango, a fella who did a version of Robert Frost's "Stopping by woods on a snowy evening" told from the perspective of Robert Frost's horse

Also probably the 2nd most receptive audience I've ever had (the most receptive being children down in my local hall listening to me sing Christmas songs)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back