What gig did you go to last night? (5 Viewers)

Richard Dawson last night, excellent as usual.
Osees on Monday, great fun.
Loop last Saturday, really awesome, thought I'd never get a chance to see them.
An unusually busy week for me! Will be going to Lankum next Wednesday and there'll be a bit of a break then for a while.

I'm just back from OMD in St Anne's Park. They were cool, I enjoyed it. It was all kinda high energy festival-crowd-friendly stuff, blokes givin it loads. No introspective moody synth tunes, it wouldn't have worked. Souvenir was the highlight for me. Everything else about the whole St Anne's set up was wretched so I didn't bother sticking around for Soft Cell. I can hear them from here anyway. I think it might have been better to find a nice spot in the park fairly close and just enjoyed it from there.

I'm just back from OMD in St Anne's Park. They were cool, I enjoyed it. It was all kinda high energy festival-crowd-friendly stuff, blokes givin it loads. No introspective moody synth tunes, it wouldn't have worked. Souvenir was the highlight for me. Everything else about the whole St Anne's set up was wretched so I didn't bother sticking around for Soft Cell. I can hear them from here anyway. I think it might have been better to find a nice spot in the park fairly close and just enjoyed it from there.
how many are at something like this?
I'd really have no idea

Expecting it to be a pain in the hole getting there and home for Pulp next week.

No idea, either. This tweet suggests 10,000
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

why hold something like this outdoors?
what are the pros?

I own records by both Soft Cell and OMD but unless they played the tunes EXACTLY as in 1981, I'd have no interest in seeing them.
EDIT:
same goes for Kraftwerk or anyone else from that era

OMD are still class. Soft Cell, meeeeeh.
Think St.Anne's can hold about 7000.
The outdoor isn't as good for 80s music, most 80s stuff is made for clubs after all, but the visuals for Joan of Arc and Maid of Orleans were still really cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back