What gig did you go to last night? (5 Viewers)

I went to see Christy in Vicar St last night.

77 years of age and that man is in flying form. Seems to have left all the narkyness behind in his 60s and this new Christy was almighty craic from start to finish, lashing out banger after banger, and have great banter with the crowd. Playing by himself too, and not a bother on him with that.

I went to see Christy in Vicar St last night.

77 years of age and that man is in flying form. Seems to have left all the narkyness behind in his 60s and this new Christy was almighty craic from start to finish, lashing out banger after banger, and have great banter with the crowd. Playing by himself too, and not a bother on him with that.
(As usual) I didn’t know he was playing. I’ve only seen him live once (at a funeral) and would love to see him again. Listening to a Planxty live recording now and he was good craic back then, though I know he had a zero tolerance policy to chatters in the audience for a while (which is good because I say there are loads of yappers at his shows).

(As usual) I didn’t know he was playing. I’ve only seen him live once (at a funeral) and would love to see him again. Listening to a Planxty live recording now and he was good craic back then, though I know he had a zero tolerance policy to chatters in the audience for a while (which is good because I say there are loads of yappers at his shows).
if there's any hope of getting to see him on this run, and you can manage it at all, I'd say go for it. He said he never plays outside of Ireland any more (cos he's too old for boats and planes), and he'll hardly stay playing in Ireland for too much longer.

though in saying that, Andy Irvine is 80 and is still going strong.

Living legends these lads and we need to make the most of them while they're still with us.

if there's any hope of getting to see him on this run, and you can manage it at all, I'd say go for it. He said he never plays outside of Ireland any more (cos he's too old for boats and planes), and he'll hardly stay playing in Ireland for too much longer.

though in saying that, Andy Irvine is 80 and is still going strong.

Living legends these lads and we need to make the most of them while they're still with us.
I went to Andy and Paul Brady a couple of weeks ago and honestly I think Andy is better than he was in his youth.

Gilla Band and M(h)aol on Friday night and then Lankum and DJackulate on Saturday night. Both incredible gigs.

Once I'd say that painkiller is awful I'd be out.

It seems over the last while anyone I know who likes priest loves that record and are not impressed I don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back