What gig did you go to last night? (7 Viewers)

Weezer etc in Marley Park.
They upheld their end of the bargain by playing a great set with a few unexpected songs. A nice spread of tunes. Played well, entertaining. Good job.
Unfortunately my end of the bargain was the shitty end that involved going to a massive outdoor gig. Sound/view/experience was sub par.
What were fallout boy & green day like?

I was working in the shed last night with the door opening listening to st vincent.

whatever strange combo of wind and atmospherics the sound carried up to marino almost perfectly. Obviously bass heavy, but I've been at gigs where the front of house sound was worse.

Interesting to note that Weezer didn't play anything from the album the were supposedly promoting, Van Weezer. They did way more "new" songs than I thought they would do. I couldn't have predicted California Snow for example.

I was working in the shed last night with the door opening listening to st vincent.

whatever strange combo of wind and atmospherics the sound carried up to marino almost perfectly. Obviously bass heavy, but I've been at gigs where the front of house sound was worse.
The speakers in the big tent are vaguely pointed in the Marino direction.
St Vincent was pretty good, but actually the sound for her could have been better, just the mix was a bit strange.
Foals the next night had fuckin great sound, much better mix, and they were better.

Crowded House in the Trin. I was a little bit disappointed - there were people chatting and walking around with beers all the way through and the sound was terrible, it least it was where I was not very far from the front. Later I saw videos on twitter taken from much further back and the sound seemed good on them but where I was it was a bit too bass heavy, one of the guitars was not loud enough, I could barely hear the keyboards at all and the some of the songs were not gelling at all to my ears. Neil Finn had a lot of technical issues with his guitars. On the plus side it was still very enjoyable, loads of songs, generally good vibes and fun, lots of auld lads beaming with joy and dancing and singing all the way through. I hope their popularity falls off a cliff and they go back to playing the Olympia.

Crowded House in the Trin. I was a little bit disappointed - there were people chatting and walking around with beers all the way through and the sound was terrible, it least it was where I was not very far from the front. Later I saw videos on twitter taken from much further back and the sound seemed good on them but where I was it was a bit too bass heavy, one of the guitars was not loud enough, I could barely hear the keyboards at all and the some of the songs were not gelling at all to my ears. Neil Finn had a lot of technical issues with his guitars. On the plus side it was still very enjoyable, loads of songs, generally good vibes and fun, lots of auld lads beaming with joy and dancing and singing all the way through. I hope their popularity falls off a cliff and they go back to playing the Olympia.
I saw photos from this and it seemed everyone in the crowd was bald

Lol that kind of reads like all those spam articles you get anytime you try and google anything these days

Unquestionably the highlight of the night was when the moptop-d foursome broke into the classic sophomore album hit that so many of us oldsters in the 90s agreed qualified as a good vibe.

Users who are viewing this thread

• B
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back