What gig did you go to last night? (5 Viewers)

Supergrass.

It was an odd one. If there was anyone under 30 there they were staff, which is fair enough considering this is more reformation than second wind. At times it was really great, their good tunes are really good, and at times it was a bit of a dirge. I suspect that things are not all that rosy in camp supergrass at the moment. Kinda frustrating because they kinda looked like they have great shows in them? I'm not a megafan or anything. I'm not sure if they were A: a bit pissed off or B: a bit overwhelmed by themselves.

Supergrass.

It was an odd one. If there was anyone under 30 there they were staff, which is fair enough considering this is more reformation than second wind. At times it was really great, their good tunes are really good, and at times it was a bit of a dirge. I suspect that things are not all that rosy in camp supergrass at the moment. Kinda frustrating because they kinda looked like they have great shows in them? I'm not a megafan or anything. I'm not sure if they were A: a bit pissed off or B: a bit overwhelmed by themselves.

I was in Tower yesterday afternoon and they were in there signing records. They looked pissed off.

Supergrass.

aren't they brothers? If so, of course they hate each other!

Angel Olsen in Glasgow.

Good gig, last night of the tour so a bit loose, the band drinking buckfast on stage, Angel Olsen not knowing what buckfast is. Her voice obviously amazing. She's such a sarky person on stage, better than the grump she was in Whelans a few years back.

It was a cool crowd though, reminded me of going to gigs 20 years ago, God Dublin crowds are so lame these days.

Angel Olsen in Glasgow.

Good gig, last night of the tour so a bit loose, the band drinking buckfast on stage, Angel Olsen not knowing what buckfast is. Her voice obviously amazing. She's such a sarky person on stage, better than the grump she was in Whelans a few years back.

It was a cool crowd though, reminded me of going to gigs 20 years ago, God Dublin crowds are so lame these days.
Barrowlands?

the barrlowlands is firmly in the heart of the 'Celtic' part of Glasgow.

have never been to a gig there but was at a few Celtic matches back in the day, so have vague recollections of the place resembling parts of west belfast.

The crowd got on my nerves, chatting non stop whenever they weren't coming and going to the bar with arms full of pints through the jammed crowd. Totally distracting

I went upstairs and it was grand from there - got there just at the end of Percolator and it looked too rammed in the downstairs. They've moved the stairs since the last time I was there!

I went upstairs and it was grand from there - got there just at the end of Percolator and it looked too rammed in the downstairs. They've moved the stairs since the last time I was there!
I decided to leave at one point but went upstairs instead, had to ask directions. I couldn't see up there but it was way better than downstairs

Disguise (last irish gig) and Game in jigsaw. Missed the other bands

Game were great. Been listening to them on spotify a bit so was familiar. Remind me of old uk bands like Health Hazard. Awesome.

Disguise were enjoyable but kind of shambolic due to gear problems caused by an over enthusiastic audience.

Need to find a new favourite current irish band.

Was working Whelans last night at Marcus King gig, shit hot band but the exact same deal with the crowd as described above. Downstairs was totally jammed and annoying, went upstairs and still couldn't see much but it was grand.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Activity
    So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
    Bello Bar
    1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
    Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
    Bello Bar
    1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
    Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
    Anseo
    18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
    Back