What gig did you go to last night? (10 Viewers)

I was at Pat McManus in Navan on friday. Poor crowd. Pat was amazing as ever. Though he can't sing and the band is boring. No matter, it's all about the solos.
Saturday I saw The Lost Brothers at their second sell out Navan gig. Just the two of them this time. Good stuff.

I was at Torche in the Grand Social on Saturday. They were deadly, very loud and heavy. Most of the set was from the new album. They didn't play anything from Meanderthal, which was a pity. Very small crowd there but I kind of put that down to it being Christmas party time.

Just back from Bismuth and Body void. Cracking gig. Had the buzz of gigs there from ten years back or so. Thanks @moose And now can get the luas from near the house to hardcourt st, so no more running out between sets, hoping the car hasn't been clamped.

Recent:

Blackbird and Crow. Amazing live two piece. Yes they are from where I'm from but I don't know them for once. Anywhoo they are doing dublin soon and I think you should go.

Isobel Campell last saturday in the Liberty Hall Theatre.

I bet none of you fuckers were at a gig that had the ACTUAL Irish Republic flag, flown over Liberty Hall during the rising, by none other than James Connolly himself, by the door to the gigs you were at (unless you were also at this gig).

The gig was great. Gig of the year, gan dabht. A good mix of old and new, some of the Mark Lanegan stuff, and her amazing cover of Willow's Song. Amazing.

Isobel Campell last saturday in the Liberty Hall Theatre.

I bet none of you fuckers were at a gig that had the ACTUAL Irish Republic flag, flown over Liberty Hall during the rising, by none other than James Connolly himself, by the door to the gigs you were at (unless you were also at this gig).

The gig was great. Gig of the year, gan dabht. A good mix of old and new, some of the Mark Lanegan stuff, and her amazing cover of Willow's Song. Amazing.

Isn't the actual flag there for all the actual gigs that actually happen there in the actual Liberty Hall Theatre?

I liked Jim Connolly better before he got involved with the 1916 crowd
(in the last three years of his life).
the tunes he wrote himself (he played guitar) have lyrics that are so far
away from the Labour Party in my lifetime that one line should be enough
to shut up Alan Kelly.

Songs Of Freedom: The James Connolly Songbook (PM Press). LINK:
Songs of Freedom: The James Connolly Songbook

No, but a couple of weeks ago I was working at a gig and the crowd sang the entirety of the national anthem at the stage, and they seemed to know all the words and all

Was working at The Black Pumas last night, and they were fuckin great. Soul/funk/blues kind of mix with bits and pieces of other stuff, first half of the set was more mellow, then got a bit heavier blues towards the end and the last bunch of songs were really class. Great band.

bah only got the green light late in the week and it was sold out. Had an amble down to see if there were any tickets on the go but didn't get lucky

Ah shit I heard of at least one while in the venue.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Anthony
  • ilovehoovering
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back