What gig did you go to last night? (3 Viewers)

Fair play on making it in on such a gammy night.

Loved Glimmermen as expected, excellent horn. They have a Tower instore tomorrow if anyone is about town.

Great gig. Missed Panik Attacks but really liked The Middle Ages.
Nice chatting to Anthony aswell.
Glimmermen playing their socks off.
New songs are great

Saw Panik Attaks and glimmermen on Thursday. Excellent, poor sound which was a pity. But still top.
Saw Glimmermen in tower today and felt like a fan boy. Similar feedback issues in places. Maybe people just don’t know how to mic brass and bongos. Either that or Gav sings very quietly and the mics are super hot as a result. Disappointing turnout but I was fucking freezing out. Tower staff didn’t seem into having a gig there; pushing all the people there to see the band into this little corridor, behind a pillar!?!?!

Oul Lizzo in the Olympia there. I don't get it, all pretty damn yeah whatever to me. Leo Varadker was there so I have more reason to hate Lizzo than to like her now.
no good then? I thought she'd at least be excellent live? Juice is a pretty good modern take on the Minneapolis sound.

Literally the only song I'd want to hear from them

The most recent Machine Head related thing I've heard was Rob Flynn calling out Phil Anselmo over his white supremacy bullshit.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The accusations have been around for years. Disappointing. I love Pantera.

no good then? I thought she'd at least be excellent live? Juice is a pretty good modern take on the Minneapolis sound.

I mean it seemed good live if you like that kind of stuff. I've no interest in it myself. A big woman dancing around singing to a backing track, big fuckin deal. She had a good light show and good dancers, but my experience is that the acts that have more of that stuff going on are often the acts that would be total shit without it. Like Machine Head had loads of lights and shit going on, ha. The backing track thing bugs me because if they have a good band you can at least respect that, like Janelle Monae had a great band playing with her in the Summer in Trinity there, and it's the same kind of stuff really.

I mean it seemed good live if you like that kind of stuff. I've no interest in it myself. A big woman dancing around singing to a backing track, big fuckin deal. She had a good light show and good dancers, but my experience is that the acts that have more of that stuff going on are often the acts that would be total shit without it. Like Machine Head had loads of lights and shit going on, ha. The backing track thing bugs me because if they have a good band you can at least respect that, like Janelle Monae had a great band playing with her in the Summer in Trinity there, and it's the same kind of stuff really.
I saw Janelle Monae live three times circa her first album, each time she had a bigger band, and each time it sounded exactly the same because they just had stuff on backing track when the rest of the band couldn't make it. It bugged me no end.

I saw Janelle Monae live three times circa her first album, each time she had a bigger band, and each time it sounded exactly the same because they just had stuff on backing track when the rest of the band couldn't make it. It bugged me no end.

She definitely uses a lot of backing track sounds, but her band were jamming together before she came on stage for sound check and they were class. Weren't as good as Grace Jones' band though, they were fuckin amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back