What gig did you go to last night? (9 Viewers)

Raced into the Olympia last night to see Baroness. I got to my poxy seat as their first song started. They are very good. Played mostly songs from Gold and Grey. Songs sounded better live because, lets face it, the album sounds shite. The bass was still too boomy and they could do with laying off the phasers every now and then. It was all over by 8.30pm. Still glad I went.
Hung around for a little bit considering staying for Volbeat but said fuck it and went home, though not before I met John from Baroness on the street and had a quick chat and a hand shake.
Back to Navan for a pint, then home before anyone had gone to bed. Result.

Ah feck I’d like to see Baroness.
Completely forgot about it but was in bed by 9pm anyway

I had a free ticket for Volbeat/Baroness/Danko Jones. But only wanted to see Danko Jones and wouldnt have got there until they finished. Didn't bother in the end.

Last few

Comrade Hat / Captain A

Granted I was the support act but due to the occasion I actually got pretty hammered before the show and had a great time altogether. Comrade Hat with trio is unreal. I think to a person who listens to a load of crappy radio they'd probably call him jazz but there is way more than that going on.

Salthouse Sessions: Berrill / O'Loclainn / Walsh

This was a wonderful packed gig and the trio really went head to head with audience instead of slipping into dinner jazz mode.

Anna Mullarkey & Matthew Berrill

This was in a nightclub and was essentially a kindof expanded version on Anna's electro set with real life piano and sax. Savage musician.

Fixity

Loved this altogether - Four piece incarnation of fixity in a small venue. I suspect they'd be a little more intense in a non seated setup but were still great.

The twilight sad in the button factory. Such an intense singer. Thought they were superb. No smell of vomit either on the balcony anymore which was nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back