What gig did you go to last night? (5 Viewers)

Went to the performance of Brian Eno's Apollo by Icebreaker at the NCH. A really great show, a lovely evening topped off by bumping into the equally lovely Thumped friend and past-patron Pantone247.

Myles Manley w support from the Curly Organ.

the curly organ is a great show, definitley for a small venue, kinda theatrical and musical.

Myles Manley was great, I had to leave about 3 from the end so don't know if he played the hits or not. Not much chat, just tune, tune, tune, tune...

The Kim Gordon thing in IMMA. Heather Leigh was great, she basically played all of Throne I think. I used to think she was useless, and maybe she was, but she's on to something these days. Watching her sitting there with her pedal steel playing these kinda bizarre, austere tunes by herself was pretty compelling, shades of Scott Walker. I enjoyed body/head too, although I kinda hoped they'd be a bit less in full-on-make-a-racket mode. Still, it was good. Nice mellow vibe there all evening.

Soft On Crime in Anseo. I would have enjoyed it more if I'd have had the balls to walk up and start messing with the amps and PA to fix the mix. Actually, I really regret that now. Their songs were lost.

Just back from seeing Blindboy in the Iveagh Gardens. Pretty idyllic place for a gig/show. His guest was David O'Donaghue which was a bit disappointing since we'd already seen him be Adam Buxton's guest. I needn't have worried. He was great, they were great.

Found myself at Kerbdog in Whelans on Sat night as a mate had a guestlist plus one. Apart from the name, Kerbdog were completely unknown to me back in the 90s; I did not know one single song, but the gig was good fun. A sold out show; it was funny to see people crowd surfing, including band members; a good laugh.

Qujaku last night were fantastic, far better than I expected (but I didn’t really know what to expect). Full on riffs, High Rise-esque solos, double drum intensity, and the kind of lurching rhythms and constant feeling of things getting more and more intense like Swans in recent years. Glad I took the punt!

Also, the cherry on top was meeting @GARYXKNIFEDX who was really nice but I’m disappointed he wasn’t in full Kiss make up.

56C2A6DC-3BE4-46C6-8872-79EE9C24717D.jpeg

Qujaku last night were fantastic, far better than I expected (but I didn’t really know what to expect). Full on riffs, High Rise-esque solos, double drum intensity, and the kind of lurching rhythms and constant feeling of things getting more and more intense like Swans in recent years. Glad I took the punt!

Also, the cherry on top was meeting @GARYXKNIFEDX who was really nice but I’m disappointed he wasn’t in full Kiss make up.

View attachment 12955
Great photo!

Annoyed I couldn't make it. :(
I thought I saw you but it was a pseudo-Moose. Obviously you knew that but I nearly went up to have a chat with him like a plonker.

Great photo!
Thanks!

I was at that too, I didn't think it really took off (not enough tune or psych) but I enjoyed it. There was a bit of a pukey stench
I got that too and it seemed to come and go throughout the room. I could have done without that I must say.

Just back from Rolo Tomassi and Animals as leaders. Both bands were class. Missed the first band again, cos uk gigs start so early. Also since noone has booked Animals as leaders here, I should add them to the "Touring acts who never play here" thread

67449152_10156584681546747_402203462269403136_n.jpg The Show Must Go On, a Spanish Queen tribute. Concentrated a little heavy on the AIDs era of Freddie, no-one really needs to hear a jaunty cover of Breakthru or I Want It all, but otherwise great fun. Freddie himself couldn't hit the falsetto parts so I happily volunteered them for him. Lovely, jaunty version of Fat Bottom Girls too.

7/10

View attachment 12962The Show Must Go On, a Spanish Queen tribute. Concentrated a little heavy on the AIDs era of Freddie, no-one really needs to hear a jaunty cover of Breakthru or I Want It all, but otherwise great fun. Freddie himself couldn't hit the falsetto parts so I happily volunteered them for him. Lovely, jaunty version of Fat Bottom Girls too.

7/10

Cambrils is a lovely spot. often over that way / down to Tortosa. over next month actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back