What gig did you go to last night? (6 Viewers)

got to see long time faves the young fresh fellows supporting filthy friends on wed night. well it was just two of them but they made plenty of noise. peter buck joined them on bass for a quick blast thru teenage kicks. short and sweet. never thought id hear those songs live

They were awesome. Indoors in the big auditorium. Fairly intense set. Bit like Body. Decent sized crowd. Sound was perfect.

Lots of good stuff last night. All a bit of a blur right now. But must give a shout-out to Amyl And The Sniffers. A more punk rock ACDC with a female Bon Scott. Incredibly good.

Also Beak, Fucked Up, Janelle Monae, Swervedriver and a bit of Robyn.

Lots of good stuff last night. All a bit of a blur right now. But must give a shout-out to Amyl And The Sniffers. A more punk rock ACDC with a female Bon Scott. Incredibly good.

Also Beak, Fucked Up, Janelle Monae, Swervedriver and a bit of Robyn.
Amyl and the Sniffers are great. Picked up the album yesterday and have been listening over the past few days. Really good stuff.

went out to Dun Laoire on sunday to see the charlatans. Primal Scream and Fun Lovin Criminals were also on the bill.

It was windy as hell so the sound was sketchy. Everyone's set was too short and musically, it was quite terrible.

But it was a lot of fun. It's a nice setup out there. I'd go to more gigs there, though it was cold as hell so maybe I'd wait til summer next time.

went to the Saturday of the Raw Power festival in London mainly just to see the Ex. I had no ideal who most of the others on the lineup were. The Ex were amazing as always and Hibushibire and Ill were also fun.

Was also at just the Saturday.

The Ex were class
Big Brave were great
USA Nails were class
My Disco were..... interesting
Part Chimp were class

Guided By Voices in London.

Difficult to articulate how great this was. 600 GBV fanatics packed into one room. Band and Bob in flying form. Epic 2+ hour set. You get the picture.

Guided By Voices in London.

Difficult to articulate how great this was. 600 GBV fanatics packed into one room. Band and Bob in flying form. Epic 2+ hour set. You get the picture.

Just had a look at the setlist there. Probably shouldn't have. 😭

Fonda in Galway. Just a random* night out one, the guy has a voice in the realm of richard hawley/joe dolan and I really enjoyed that aspect. they were stripped down acoustic too which gave it a lot of breathing room.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not really a gig as such but went up to Belfast for the Jordan-defying gravity book launch.

It was upstairs at Strange Victory records. Carry outs allowed and pretty full with about 50 people there.
Jonathan Ross showed up because he was in town and took on the Q&A/host role and was pretty good because much about the scene Jordan came from as he was there,and obviously being a talk show host could hold court well.

Definitely glad I went up,hoped for talk about the beginnings of punk in London,Sex Pistols and Adam & the Ants and got it all,also got some bonus talk of Darby Crash from the Germs when buying the book from her.

Worth being tired today for sure.

MEAT PUPPETS in Limerick.

first gig of Euro tour.
on several tracks off the second and third LP's just as the
songs were ending the band went off lengthy noisy
psych jams which went down a storm.
probably only a hundred odd people there but that's what happens
in Limerick.

unfortunately they didn't play 'Hot Pink' but otherwise i went home
happy.

Eh, Chapo Trap House.

Watching a live podcast is an odd thing, I told anyone who asked that I was going to a comedy gig.

Good fun nevertheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

• ernesto
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back