What gig did you go to last night? (6 Viewers)

Tropical Fuck Storm in Sound House (formerly The Pint). Only went because one of my mates told me about it and I felt like going out. Had heard none of their stuff and just knew two of them were in/were The Drones (who I once enjoyed live but never got with their records).

TFS were really good. Energetic, fun, compelling show. Packed house. Pretty good for a Wednesday night.

The name intrigued me so I looked at youtube and this song is absolutely fucking brilliant

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Tropical Fuck Storm in Sound House (formerly The Pint). Only went because one of my mates told me about it and I felt like going out. Had heard none of their stuff and just knew two of them were in/were The Drones (who I once enjoyed live but never got with their records).

TFS were really good. Energetic, fun, compelling show. Packed house. Pretty good for a Wednesday night.
Heard it was great alright. Haven't been to the Pint yet since it's been done up. Supposedly has a great sound now?

I didn’t know they were playing. I too liked The Drones live but never got that into their albums. A friend also recommended TFS to me recently but living in Australia, he never told me that they were playing here.

The name intrigued me so I looked at youtube and this song is absolutely fucking brilliant

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Stand-out song from the gig. They really are a deadly band. Guitar player is very foxy too.

Pat McManus on Saturday night. I think I've seen him too many times or too many times in the same venue :-(
Also, in the last two or three times I've seen him he has changed his tone. He now plays with this dull sound with too much mid. Quite a processed tone with no bite whatsoever. We ended up leaving early and I didn't put up a fight because every note his hit was starting to bother me. I just wanted to get on the stage and give him a touch more gain and add some treble.
I've seen him where he is tearing the place down with amazing guitar but on Saturday it was like no matter how well he was playing (and he was) he wasn't getting trough.

Pat McManus on Saturday night. I think I've seen him too many times or too many times in the same venue :-(
Also, in the last two or three times I've seen him he has changed his tone. He now plays with this dull sound with too much mid. Quite a processed tone with no bite whatsoever. We ended up leaving early and I didn't put up a fight because every note his hit was starting to bother me. I just wanted to get on the stage and give him a touch more gain and add some treble.
I've seen him where he is tearing the place down with amazing guitar but on Saturday it was like no matter how well he was playing (and he was) he wasn't getting trough.

Pat McMinus?

Robert Forster. Amazing show. Loved every minute of it.

was at the cork show last night which was also outstanding. interested to know what the reaction in the dublin crowd was to the (reported) spiel re finally getting to play cork after 32 years, which he repeated last night...gas man in fairness!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back