What gig did you go to last night? (30 Viewers)

I was at Hen Ogledd too. I thought the sound was very bad (levels all over the place and not loud enough in general) and there was a lot of bad behaviour in the audience (chit chatting all the time) but it was still great. Sky Burial is so :love::love::love:
Was also at this. The fools didn't bring near enough records/merch, some lad skipped me in the queue and the last vinyl but there were loads more looking

I was at Hen Ogledd too. I thought the sound was very bad (levels all over the place and not loud enough in general) and there was a lot of bad behaviour in the audience (chit chatting all the time) but it was still great. Sky Burial is so :love::love::love:
Some reaction for that song!

Nurse With Wound at the Drogheda Arts Festival. It was something like 40 km to Drogheda by bike. I went out to the beach afterwards with a sleeping bag it was a bit windy but you can get shelter in dunes and it didn't rain which reminds me to get a waterproof bivy. It was decent surprised to see Aranos the Czech violinist on stage.

makes me laugh. i wanted to go to this but as last train back to Dublin was at 10:05 pm ( i think...)
didn't bother.
anyway glad other tougher folks enjoyed it.

I had a wander around and ended up near the front and the sound was grand there, but I know what you mean. I wasn't too distracted by the people around me, the buzz was great. Sky Burial was fantastic alright, one of many highlights. Rhodri Davies singing on Love Time Feel was lovely - and he's some operator on the auld electric harp. I'd only really heard his more avant garde stuff before where is sounded more like he was torturing it. In a good way, of course.

Forgot to mention it was my first time seeing Percolator, I enjoyed them too, their set fairly zipped by.

Was also at this. The fools didn't bring near enough records/merch, some lad skipped me in the queue and the last vinyl but there were loads more looking

I picked up a white t-shirt, do you remember how much they were selling the record for? It's mad expensive in town, I think I saw it in Tower for €32 or something nuts like that, I picked it up online for about €15 less.

Went on a 90s popstar themed stag party at the weekend in Sligo. Where there was a town festival in and bewitched and Whigfield played.
It was fucking gas.
Our groom-to-be dressed up as Whigfield and got dragged up on stage. Highlight of the weekend and he was a celebrity around the town in every boozer we visited. Great craic!
Photo by Thumped member @triploi

Went on a 90s popstar themed stag party at the weekend in Sligo. Where there was a town festival in and bewitched and Whigfield played.
It was fucking gas.
Our groom-to-be dressed up as Whigfield and got dragged up on stage. Highlight of the weekend and he was a celebrity around the town in every boozer we visited. Great craic!
Photo by Thumped member @triploi
View attachment 12781

Can’t see any damn photo uploaded......

I paid €34 or €35 in for it in Tower which was a bit of a stinger, but at least it's deadly. The purple vinyl version (or whatever colour it is) was a couple of quid cheaper.
Was in Tower and saw it for 33. None of the other shops I went to had it. Should have bought it coz it's 28 plus P&P online

Was in Tower and saw it for 33. None of the other shops I went to had it. Should have bought it coz it's 28 plus P&P online

You can get it from Juno for €24.37 including postage (non tracked): Purple one is about a Euro more expensive.

Went to that "Punk rock and teenage kicks in troubled times" thing the other night. It was good,but learned nothing new. At least one story told I believe to not be true,tales about the north are often exaggerated anyway,but,well,
But it was a decent night anyway. Saw people I'd not seen in years ,so that was good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back