What gig did you go to last night? (6 Viewers)

Built To Spill in the Workman's. 30 minutes of it actually, the sound was dreadful and I was starting to get really annoyed about it so I left.

The last support act, Slam Dunk, were great though.

Really??! I thought it was grand. Kinda grungy and messy but it didn't bother me. I am sort of stunned that they didn't do Carry The Zero which is the best song on that record for me but they did do Reasons as part of the encore so that made up for it.

Really??! I thought it was grand. Kinda grungy and messy but it didn't bother me. I am sort of stunned that they didn't do Carry The Zero which is the best song on that record for me but they did do Reasons as part of the encore so that made up for it.

Maybe I was in a bad spot but there was little to no low end, could barely hear the bass and the only reason I know there was a kick was because I could see the drummer's foot move.

Maybe I was in a bad spot but there was little to no low end, could barely hear the bass and the only reason I know there was a kick was because I could see the drummer's foot move.

You were right up the front (saw you but didn't get a chance to say hello) .... could have been just getting the stage sound and not much of the PA.

The whole thing was a slightly weird vibe though ..... 3 support acts???? A pickup band??? I wonder what the deal at Primavera will be.

I could actually hear the bass too much where I was and it sounded awful. Good show though all in all. Although also stunned about Carry the Zero. How can you not play the best song on the album you've said you'd do in full? I was sure they were going to finish with it. The cover of 'Harborcoat' was surprisingly good though.

Great gig bar not playing probably the best tune in the record.
Having the headline (4th!) band only start after 10 on a Sunday must’ve put a few people off / having to leave early for last bus etc. Especially with no warning and only one support act listed on anything (Who I missed).
Slam Dunk were good fun.

I was a few meters back from the front and centre and the sound was perfect

Stella Donnelly in the Grand Social.

Wonderful show. A superb performer, so engaging with the crowd, witty as hell, and the chemistry between her and her band was so endearing. Took me a while to warm to the new album, but I love it now.

Hen Ogledd in the Workman's - awesome stuff altogether.

Then legged it up to the Bello Bar for The Wormholes. What a blast. Great crowd in for it.

Nurse With Wound at the Drogheda Arts Festival. It was something like 40 km to Drogheda by bike. I went out to the beach afterwards with a sleeping bag it was a bit windy but you can get shelter in dunes and it didn't rain which reminds me to get a waterproof bivy. It was decent surprised to see Aranos the Czech violinist on stage.

Hen Ogledd in the Workman's - awesome stuff altogether.

Then legged it up to the Bello Bar for The Wormholes. What a blast. Great crowd in for it.
I was at Hen Ogledd too. I thought the sound was very bad (levels all over the place and not loud enough in general) and there was a lot of bad behaviour in the audience (chit chatting all the time) but it was still great. Sky Burial is so :love::love::love:

Nurse With Wound at the Drogheda Arts Festival. It was something like 40 km to Drogheda by bike. I went out to the beach afterwards with a sleeping bag it was a bit windy but you can get shelter in dunes and it didn't rain which reminds me to get a waterproof bivy. It was decent surprised to see Aranos the Czech violinist on stage.
I was there too. Terrific gig!

Wormholes at the Bello Bar. I suppose it's okay to say it publicly now since Anto mentioned it from the stage but Dave (the drummer) is seriously ill so this was way more than just a regular gig. Heartening to see such a huge turnout and they were visibly moved by the palpable feeling of solidarity and support in the room. And they ... were really incredible (with stand-in drummer). Often bands that you liked "back in the day" become something of a disappointment when they play again but Wormholes seemed absolutely vital and invigorating last night. A sad but also somehow life-affirming night.

Alejandro escovedo in kilkenny. John perry from the only ones played the encore including a scorching version of another girl another planet

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back