What gig did you go to last night? (7 Viewers)

Roy Harper tonight. I've seen him loadsa times but this will be my first time to see him with a band. Excited.
AMAZING! You worry your favorite singer might be past it and then he goes all Gandalf with his grey hair and his beard, all fiery and full power on with his angry new songs, then all delicate and gentle. And I got to sit and listen to Hallucinating Light again, my favorite song ever even still. He kinda promoted this tour as his last ever but then at the end he said there was no reason the tour couldn't have a part two and he started skipping around the stage flapping his arms and grinning like a loon.

like lots of people I was at Sharon VanEtten on saturday. It was a great gig. Very memorable. I'd concur with what @Unicron said before about being somewhat lukewarm about her albums. The latest is very good and the first 2 were great. The 2 inbetween were so-so. The gig was fantastic though.

Overkill and Destruction in the Academy. We missed Flotsam & Jetsom. Very old school thrash metal. Excellent.

the doors were supposed to open at 6 pm but it was 6:10 pm when
they did. there were hundreds waiting to get in a that stage BUT
FLOTSAM & JETSAM went on at 6:20 pm as planned - people were
flooding in for first half of their set.

gig was great fun, venue perfect for gig - other than early start.
packed crowd went nuts for OVERKILL in particular.

Last edited:
last sunday night (sorry @Anthony) went to see brian mooney in the fumbally. trio with 2nd guitar and piano. the guy's songs just get better - memorable melodies but never obvious and lyrics the veered from funny to tear-jerking. it had an unhurried 'trinity sessions'/tindersticks feel to it. i couldn't stick around for the free jazz headliner.

Pozoga/ Deathgrip / World of difference in the Hut. Bar one gobshite, pretty good gig.

never heard about that one...
wanted to go to FIEND / VIVID NIGHTMARE / BROKEN / RISING DAMP
@ Bohs Bar tonight but i'm too tired to make the trip. (I wouldn't have got home until 3:15 am)

T.O.R.C.H collective are launching second issue of their zine @ FIEND gig....
was announced two months ago at least (?)
was mentioned on Hope Collective gig listings
...as was POZOGA gig now that I checked (so my own fault then)
Hope collective is where I'm getting a lot of gigs from. Didn't get to last nights gig either, as I've horrible cold.

T.O.R.C.H collective are launching second issue of their zine @ FIEND gig....
was announced two months ago at least (?)
was mentioned on Hope Collective gig listings
...as was POZOGA gig now that I checked (so my own fault then)
I know @jonah has mentioned it on IG but I’m with @GARYXKNIFEDX on this, promotion seems to be a lost art. Small networks on social media, no wider reach. I don’t think it’s necessarily the promoter’s fault that the Al Gore Rhythms are against them but whatever happened to posters and flyers?

I know @jonah has mentioned it on IG but I’m with @GARYXKNIFEDX on this, promotion seems to be a lost art. Small networks on social media, no wider reach. I don’t think it’s necessarily the promoter’s fault that the Al Gore Rhythms are against them but whatever happened to posters and flyers?

And posting about it regularly,anywhere and everywhere.

I accept that posters are difficult these days. But when I was doing gigs(pre internet),it was a constant up until the gig.

We did actually do posters for that gig but you're right, remiss in not posting here/everywhere, hands up on that one. I don't really do the TORCH promotion because I'm shite at this stuff but if anyone has other recommendations about where we should be posting out gigs that'd be sound :)

We did actually do posters for that gig but you're right, remiss in not posting here/everywhere, hands up on that one. I don't really do the TORCH promotion because I'm shite at this stuff but if anyone has other recommendations about where we should be posting out gigs that'd be sound :)
I actually knew about the TORCH thing because you posted about it on IG. I’m morning about promotion in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back