What gig did you go to last night? (8 Viewers)

he tweeted the other week that someone tried to pay him for merch via paypal but he didn't notice that the transaction didn't go through. He was appealing to the person to get in touch so it could get sorted. A good few heads stepped in and offered to chip in offset the loss. Casiotone/Advance Base fans are sound.
Aww, that's really lovely. Also, was a great gig, worth driving to Dublin.

Anouar Brahem (with Dave Holland, Nasheet Waits & Django Bates) in the NCH. Very mellow middle eastern tinged jazz, it was excellent. As seems to be the norm in the NCH there was a serious sound problem - in this case the star of show's oud was barely audible.

Anouar Brahem (with Dave Holland, Nasheet Waits & Django Bates) in the NCH. Very mellow middle eastern tinged jazz, it was excellent. As seems to be the norm in the NCH there was a serious sound problem - in this case the star of show's oud was barely audible.
I don’t know what’s up with the sound guy there. Couldn’t hear Gavin Bryars’ double bass a couple of months ago.

the problem is the room. only decent sound I've heard there was for stars of the lid and I'm pretty sure they brought in a load of auxiliary equipment.
Generally I’ve found it excellent until the last year or so. General classical stuff sounds good any time I’m there and the sound for contemporary and Perspectives performances used to be great, I wouldn’t have said SOTL were unique in that.

Big Monster Love/Deadlians/Jinx Lennon/Vicky Langan/DJ PCP in Jigsaw last night, great fun altogether.

D1 Records 25 Year Anniversary in Tengu last night was just amazing. Dechord was my own highlight - but the whole thing was just so excellent - everything about it. Wish it happened every month, or even bimonthly :love:
this is how out-of-touch I'm getting with stuff. I can't tell which of the above is the band and which is the venue. 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

• pavlos
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back