What gig did you go to last night? (6 Viewers)

Owen Ashworth in the Sound House - Advance Base - on Friday evening brought me back to a lovely space, and yes, the Sonic Youth evening was just wonderful.

I did something mad in that I had seen Kamasi was sold out - and usually would try to find tickets, but it had been a tiring few days, and I have seen him twice before, but still had this feeling that something was weird - because I love him so much - but kind of went about my Sunday evening - and then this morning I woke up and checked my email, and I saw that I had bought tickets for this months ago, when it was first announced. I laughed in a deranged, cackle-led way at my scattered-self :cautious:

Owen Ashworth in the Sound House - Advance Base - on Friday evening brought me back to a lovely space, and yes, the Sonic Youth evening was just wonderful.

I did something mad in that I had seen Kamasi was sold out - and usually would try to find tickets, but it had been a tiring few days, and I have seen him twice before, but still had this feeling that something was weird - because I love him so much - but kind of went about my Sunday evening - and then this morning I woke up and checked my email, and I saw that I had bought tickets for this months ago, when it was first announced. I laughed in a deranged, cackle-led way at my scattered-self :cautious:
first sign of madness, Siobhan! I remember when I started forgetting that I'd bought tickets (actually bought doubles for some, completely forgotten about others, presumed I'd bought them for yet others when I hadn't). It's a slippery slope and there's no going back.

Seriously though, I regret not going to Owen Ashworth. I think that's the only Dublin gig of his that I've ever missed. I saw that he mixed up the set kind of nicely too, which makes me regret this even more. And I could have gotten free tickets so shoot me now please.

I thought this was great. Had a little chat with him before and after the gig at the merch desk "I'll buy something at the end, I promise/I'm back to buy a thing". Nice man.

first sign of madness, Siobhan! I remember when I started forgetting that I'd bought tickets (actually bought doubles for some, completely forgotten about others, presumed I'd bought them for yet others when I hadn't). It's a slippery slope and there's no going back.

Seriously though, I regret not going to Owen Ashworth. I think that's the only Dublin gig of his that I've ever missed. I saw that he mixed up the set kind of nicely too, which makes me regret this even more. And I could have gotten free tickets so shoot me now please.
Oh God, it probably IS the first sign of madness (to be fair, there have been a few). I have to start putting tickets on my fridge again - I love printed tickets, but they often send you those damn pdf's and things can slip through the cracks! It's always a thing where I see things advertised, wait for pay day, then buy a few in a flurry. I have to get back to A SYSTEM.

Owen said he would be back much sooner than the last time, so make sure when it gets announced you buy that ticket, and put it on your fridge :ROFLMAO:

Oh God, it probably IS the first sign of madness (to be fair, there have been a few). I have to start putting tickets on my fridge again - I love printed tickets, but they often send you those damn pdf's and things can slip through the cracks! It's always a thing where I see things advertised, wait for pay day, then buy a few in a flurry. I have to get back to A SYSTEM.

Owen said he would be back much sooner than the last time, so make sure when it gets announced you buy that ticket, and put it on your fridge :ROFLMAO:
that's good news. I know he's generally good pals with Ciaran (support act) and had a few other acquaintances here. I'll deffo go next time.

How was the support btw? Haven't heard any of his nome king stuff. He did lots of good stuff back in his crayonsmith days.

I thought this was great. Had a little chat with him before and after the gig at the merch desk "I'll buy something at the end, I promise/I'm back to buy a thing". Nice man.
he tweeted the other week that someone tried to pay him for merch via paypal but he didn't notice that the transaction didn't go through. He was appealing to the person to get in touch so it could get sorted. A good few heads stepped in and offered to chip in offset the loss. Casiotone/Advance Base fans are sound.

that's good news. I know he's generally good pals with Ciaran (support act) and had a few other acquaintances here. I'll deffo go next time.

How was the support btw? Haven't heard any of his nome king stuff. He did lots of good stuff back in his crayonsmith days.
I actually had been away the night before in London, and had taken the Friday off work -so ran from the airport to the Sound House, which meant I missed the support, sadly!

Oneohtrix Point Never's MYRIAD at Roundhouse in Camden was.... ugh God, it was so fantastic. One of the best shows I've ever been to. What a crazy talented individual. He was giving me BGE (Big Genesis Energy, I'm coining it now, spread it around and make it happen). Weird scultpures with creepy robotic style voices hanging from the ceiling, a brigade of cute americana dancers with stetsons, cameo from moses sumney, OPN doing some big sad song vocals (loved), nightmare visuals... like, it was a goddamn SHOW.

Anyway, I'll calm the fuck down.

Oneohtrix Point Never's MYRIAD at Roundhouse in Camden was.... ugh God, it was so fantastic. One of the best shows I've ever been to. What a crazy talented individual. He was giving me BGE (Big Genesis Energy, I'm coining it now, spread it around and make it happen). Weird scultpures with creepy robotic style voices hanging from the ceiling, a brigade of cute americana dancers with stetsons, cameo from moses sumney, OPN doing some big sad song vocals (loved), nightmare visuals... like, it was a goddamn SHOW.

Sounds great. The one time I saw him he was deadly.

I'd say this was amazing stuff alright, fair play for making the trip!

Don't calm down. This feverish kind of reviewing is right up my street. And a cameo from Moses - eek - his voice :love:

I saw Heather Leigh and Peter Brotzmann in Fumbally stables last week, I enjoyed it. I'm becoming less anti Heather Leigh and more on the fence. Like, she's clearly not an accomplished musician and the other lad is. They're an unlikely match but it mostly worked.

I saw Heather Leigh and Peter Brotzmann in Fumbally stables last week, I enjoyed it. I'm becoming less anti Heather Leigh and more on the fence. Like, she's clearly not an accomplished musician and the other lad is. They're an unlikely match but it mostly worked.

Completely forgot about this. Durn.

Is that Heather Leigh Murray you're talking about? If so, Saw her supporting Thrurston Moore a few years back. The wife still hasn't forgiven me for making her sit through it.

I saw Leveret (an instrumental English folk trio) on Friday night. They were really good but there was just something a bit restrained about the whole performance. Maybe that's just English/British trad in general though? Anyway, at least nobody was shouting "yeow!" or charging in with hand claps or foot stomps for the fast tunes.

The best thing was that it was a five minute walk home from the venue which is something I haven't experienced since I left Dublin in 2011.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back