What gig did you go to last night? (3 Viewers)

Cate le Bon in the Pavillion. Nominally a solo piano show but accompanied by a clarinet/sax player. Really, really good. I just love everything about her. Very different gig than with the full band obviously but almost as terrific. New songs sounded great so hopefully there's a new album in the offing, although she said it was her first gig in ages and she chose Ireland because the crowds are "forgiving"!

Cate le Bon in the Pavillion. Nominally a solo piano show but accompanied by a clarinet/sax player. Really, really good. I just love everything about her. Very different gig than with the full band obviously but almost as terrific. New songs sounded great so hopefully there's a new album in the offing, although she said it was her first gig in ages and she chose Ireland because the crowds are "forgiving"!

Also really enjoyed this. She's produced the forthcoming Deerhunter album, which I'm excited to hear

Also really enjoyed this. She's produced the forthcoming Deerhunter album, which I'm excited to hear
Yeah that should be interesting. I first got into her because Bradford Cox named Mug Museum his album of the year. I think they're a good match, although I wasn't too keen on the last Deerhunter so we'll see.

I Am An Instrument in Anseo which went BLOODY GREAT! The room was packed and I cleaned up and got to pay the acts! Thrilled! Epic performances from Luxury Mollusc and Gorrister.

Went to Mastodon last night.
All 3 bands were deadly. Mutoid Man are so much fun live.
Mastodon played a lot of older stuff from Leviathan and Remission and sounded great. Deadly light show too. They played a lot of slower heavier stuff, was actually a pretty laid back gig. Scott Kelly from Neurosis sung a bunch of songs with them. It was all great

Went to Mastodon last night.
All 3 bands were deadly. Mutoid Man are so much fun live.
Mastodon played a lot of older stuff from Leviathan and Remission and sounded great. Deadly light show too. They played a lot of slower heavier stuff, was actually a pretty laid back gig. Scott Kelly from Neurosis sung a bunch of songs with them. It was all great

That sounds class. Not seen Mastodon in 8 years or more. Patchy live, but I wouldn't mind seeing them playing the older stuff again.

I went to see Neil & Liam Finn in the Olympia, it was great. Maybe those drunken Irish jokes are getting a bit old but who cares, Neil is always jolly and entertaining. Lots of top quality tunes that nobody knew. One person complained about that but in general nobody seemed to mind.

I didn't go to Fucked Up at the weekend. Did anyone here? I'm kind of curious to find out how it went.

I was at it, and had a grand old time. The sound was a bit fucked up (ho ho!) for the first couple of songs for me, I was standing in the middle of the room, but when I moved over to the right after "Son The Father" it improved vastly.

They were a bit more subdued than the last couple of times I saw them, but the main man was saying that he wasn't in great form at one point, so fair enough!

Got talking to an auld punk lad at the bar, absolutely shitfaced, and proceeded to drool all down me face as he shouted into my ear about something incomprehensible. Good times!

I went to see Ronnie Spector at the NCH. It was good fun, a bit of a museum piece tbh, lots of showing of old footage and "this is what it used to be like in the old days" but still to see Ronnie Spector in the flesh singing those songs was amazin'. Her drummer was the happiest player I've seen in years.

I went to see Ronnie Spector at the NCH. It was good fun, a bit of a museum piece tbh, lots of showing of old footage and "this is what it used to be like in the old days" but still to see Ronnie Spector in the flesh singing those songs was amazin'. Her drummer was the happiest player I've seen in years.

Saw a few tweets about this last night alright, looked like a good show.

I was at it, and had a grand old time. The sound was a bit fucked up (ho ho!) for the first couple of songs for me, I was standing in the middle of the room, but when I moved over to the right after "Son The Father" it improved vastly.

They were a bit more subdued than the last couple of times I saw them, but the main man was saying that he wasn't in great form at one point, so fair enough!

Got talking to an auld punk lad at the bar, absolutely shitfaced, and proceeded to drool all down me face as he shouted into my ear about something incomprehensible. Good times!

I think I did see something on instagram about them having a rake of wine and atavan beforehand. That'd slow you down.

I didn't go to Fucked Up at the weekend. Did anyone here? I'm kind of curious to find out how it went.
Twas really good. Played a couple from the first album that I didn't expect to hear. Saw a few lads there that still think it's 1977, bless em

Users who are viewing this thread

• dudley
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back