What gig did you go to last night? (5 Viewers)

Courtney Barnett in the Olympia, her newest record broke her streak of having, in my opinion, never having released a bad song, but she was excellent last night.
I thought she was great too. Second time I've seen her on this tour and she was way better last night than last June.

Someone from thumped was sitting in front of me cos I could see them scanning their twitter feed and saw a lot of people from here were on it.

Courtney Barnett in the Olympia, her newest record broke her streak of having, in my opinion, never having released a bad song, but she was excellent last night.
I somehow completely missed the fact that she was playing, so am gutted to have missed her. The new album just hasn't grabbed me as much as previous releases either though.

Punch Brothers in NCH on Monday night. My third time seeing them and they were fantastic as always. Could take or leave the albums, but they are amazing live.
Oh I didn't know they were playing. I saw them once in Whelans and it was so incredible. Agreed about their recorded output though, hard to work out what makes it so dull.

Oh I didn't know they were playing. I saw them once in Whelans and it was so incredible. Agreed about their recorded output though, hard to work out what makes it so dull.

Yeah, first time I saw them was in Whelan's in 2011 I think. Saw them in NCH around 3 years ago as well. Just incredible musicians and the interplay between instruments is superb. Played this as the encore - one of my favourite pieces of music from the last decade

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Sya6Jh2pwzA

I suggest a "what gig are you going to tonight?" thread because a load of these sound great but I'd no idea they were happening. Yes I know we have the Upcoming Gigs thread but that's different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back