What gig did you go to last night? (2 Viewers)

Ah that's deadly. I was on the point of dragging myself up to see them but I was too wrecked. I've still never seen them....smaller venue would be great for sure.

Yeah, I'm kind of hoping they play the Academy again. Also, they only played for about 30 minutes so you're better off waiting anyways.

Pig destroyer on Sunday. Was good to finally be able to see them without going abroad. Zealot cult were really good too.

Pig Destroyer were deadly. Missed all the other bands. Very short gig. Was in and out of voodoo within the space of an hour. And that included stopping and buying a vinyl.

Pharoah Sanders at NCH. He's a bit shaky on the old pins but can still play. Some of it got a bit tedious for me in the middle but most of it was superb. Opening section was tremendous and long groove towards the end also. Brilliant drummer. Cheesy but wholly enjoyable stuff at the end. Everyone left with a smile on their face. He's only 78.

I was at that too. I thought the sound was shite for the first two songs / first 50 minutes or so. The sax and the piano were very indistinct to my ears, buried in bassy mush, but it got better then. I loved it by the end, despite the clap-along.

Total bombshell at the end when he revealed that his name is pronounced far-oh-ah. I had no idea it wasn't pronounced like the Egyptian lads.

Pharoah Sanders at NCH. He's a bit shaky on the old pins but can still play. Some of it got a bit tedious for me in the middle but most of it was superb. Opening section was tremendous and long groove towards the end also. Brilliant drummer. Cheesy but wholly enjoyable stuff at the end. Everyone left with a smile on their face. He's only 78.
I must admit to being in a daze throughout, I loved every part of it, even the way Pharaoh drank from the water bottle. I know that sounds creepy! :love:

Deer Tick in Whelans. Did a great cover of The Pogues White City. I love their Replacements style rocking roll

went to Mattiel in the grand social on saturday. Nice little gig. She has a great voice, really powerful, but it was a bit too loud for the early songs, drowning out the band. Once that was sorted it was very enjoyable. Band were great and the songs came across really well, even the cover of West End Girls!

Have fun tonight Pavlos! The Manchester reviews were brill, I'm sure they'll be great!

Cheers @travispickle - both nights were so much fun. Think I preferred the second one purely for sentimental reasons (plus side 2 of Thirteen just kind of peters out for me). Brendan O'Hare was in great form, wandering about the stage on the second night decorating the stage. We met him outside the venue after the first gig, and he was a total gent. It was great to hear the Fanclub I used to read about in Melody Maker at last, he was long gone by the time I got to see them.

The venue wasn't the best, weird support struts taking up a lot of room at the front, but the songs more than made up for that. Met some nice folk there. Plenty of vocal support for Gerry from the crowd, to the amusement of the band.

Cheers @travispickle - both nights were so much fun. Think I preferred the second one purely for sentimental reasons (plus side 2 of Thirteen just kind of peters out for me). Brendan O'Hare was in great form, wandering about the stage on the second night decorating the stage. We met him outside the venue after the first gig, and he was a total gent. It was great to hear the Fanclub I used to read about in Melody Maker at last, he was long gone by the time I got to see them.

The venue wasn't the best, weird support struts taking up a lot of room at the front, but the songs more than made up for that. Met some nice folk there. Plenty of vocal support for Gerry from the crowd, to the amusement of the band.
Ah that's deadly; yeah Brendan added an extra comedy/nutty factor to proceedings alright; very funny. The band look to be having great craic as well; some good covers choices to finish the sets in Birmingham the past few nights. I'm seeing them again on Thursday for Night 3 in London, Gerard Love's last gig with them, as far as we know for now!

Ah that's deadly; yeah Brendan added an extra comedy/nutty factor to proceedings alright; very funny. The band look to be having great craic as well; some good covers choices to finish the sets in Birmingham the past few nights. I'm seeing them again on Thursday for Night 3 in London, Gerard Love's last gig with them, as far as we know for now!

Good man, that's commitment! Yeah, it would have been good to see them do some of the B-sides and covers, would especially have like to see them do Broken. Wish I could see them again actually. Although their welcoming attitude to former members makes me hopeful I might catch him with them again!

Good man, that's commitment! Yeah, it would have been good to see them do some of the B-sides and covers, would especially have like to see them do Broken. Wish I could see them again actually. Although their welcoming attitude to former members makes me hopeful I might catch him with them again!
I couldn't miss Gerry's last night.
The b sides/rarities set in Glasgow was great, Broken was a highlight. All 3 gigs were brilliant though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back