What gig did you go to last night? (5 Viewers)

Obviously the NCH where i was about 5 feet from David Byrne the whole time was a different experience to being up in the rafters this time, what I like is that he does an entire new show.

Yeah I think this is a big part of it. I need to be close to dancers to really get into what they are doing. Probably would have been more blown away if I was closer to the stage. I remember really digging his guitar playing too at that show for similar reasons.

Maybe he'll play the Thumped christmas party, it seems we were the first 2 rows back in 2009.

All four of us went to see Richard III in The Abbey on Saturday, kind of a gig right? Three hours of Shakey. I thought this would be a big ask for the 13yr old but he loved it. We all did.

Went to see Teenage Fanclub in Glasgow last week, 3 nights, playing their Creation albums - 1991-1997. Absolutely brilliant gigs.
Also going to see them in London on Nov 15th for Gerry Love's last gig ;(

Went to see Teenage Fanclub in Glasgow last week, 3 nights, playing their Creation albums - 1991-1997. Absolutely brilliant gigs.
Also going to see them in London on Nov 15th for Gerry Love's last gig ;(

Off to Brum on Friday to see them, really looking forward to it.

I went to 3 gigs over the last 2 weeks.

Slackers in Voodoo. They were deadly but not as good as when we saw them in Belfast last year. Also, their set was cut short because there was an old skool dance night after so that was kind of shit. Also, the voodoo lounge is an awful shit hole. They did it up but it just looks darker and dingier.

Went to Slayer, saw all 4 bands. All of them savage, especially Anthrax. Never seen them properly before, they're great craic live. Slayer put on a great show, deadly pyrotechnics and Tom Araya sounded fantastic, you could tell he was making a real effort for the last tour.

Saw Pig Destroyer on Sunday. They were deadly fun, very brief set. Just long enough. They played loads of stuff off Book Burner, Probably the highlight of the gig for me was the guy doing samples, every time I looked at him he reminded me of that episode of the Simpsons where Homer goes on tour with Lollapalooza.

That's me done with gigs for this year.

They were savage, they really know how to get the crowd going. I'm hoping they play soon enough again somewhere smaller. I think they're the type of band even non-metal heads could enjoy.
Ah that's deadly. I was on the point of dragging myself up to see them but I was too wrecked. I've still never seen them....smaller venue would be great for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

• shitepipe
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back