What gig did you go to last night? (7 Viewers)

Nurse With Wound and Current 93 in the City of London. Terrific night. NWW did an hour of new material, weirdly easy listening for them but very satisfying. C93 played their new album in full, excellent line up with harmonium, hurdy gurdy, bagpipes, etc. creating an eerie folk horroresque sound. Very different from the full rock orchestra I’ve seen them do before. Four old songs after the new album, including a devastating version of “Sleep Has His House”.
That sounds cool. Rock c93 wasn't a great idea.

Andy Irvine & Paul Brady at the Barbican in London. I had a comfortable seat but there's something about seeing a gig like that in a proper concert hall that just doesn't work for me. I found myself wishing that it was been twice as loud for a start. The music was great of course. I'd never seen Kevin Burke play live before and his playing was the highlight for me.

Also saw Los Campesinos on Saturday night celebrating ten years since their first two albums came out. Their biggest ever headline show and they played 35 songs. It was a massive joyous karaoke session and I loved every second of it.

Ry Cooder in the National Stadium.
I’d say the average age of the punter was about 65. Still though, was fecking class!
Three male backing singers was a nice touch. Not so sure about the weird harmonising kenny G sax lad.

Malkmus. Half-empty Vicar Street but a tremendously enjoyable show. Two Pavement songs in the encore. Fun gig. Liked this much more than the Low one earlier in the week.

It's rare these days that I get out twice a week, but I made it out to the Malkmus gig as well, which was great fun alright. Lots of over the head guitar action and lepping about, he was in good form. Fairly sure I clocked a few Thumped heads at it alright. The band were looking for requests on Twitter earlier in the day, so I put in one for In The Mouth A Desert, and they played it, feckin' delighted!

Went over the road to see Strike Action in the Thomas House afterwards, they were really good, and a nice palate cleanser after the Malkmus show. Keep us informed of they next time you're playing, @ernesto!

Malkmus too. I liked the gig fine, would have liked it more if I'd have kept up with his solo stuff. It was really nice to hear In The Mouth Of The Desert in"hi-fi"and heavy, sounded great.
Tbh preferred the night out than the actual gig! Good times.

It's rare these days that I get out twice a week, but I made it out to the Malkmus gig as well, which was great fun alright. Lots of over the head guitar action and lepping about, he was in good form. Fairly sure I clocked a few Thumped heads at it alright. The band were looking for requests on Twitter earlier in the day, so I put in one for In The Mouth A Desert, and they played it, feckin' delighted!

Went over the road to see Strike Action in the Thomas House afterwards, they were really good, and a nice palate cleanser after the Malkmus show. Keep us informed of they next time you're playing, @ernesto!

Cheers!! And will do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back