What gig did you go to last night? (4 Viewers)

Titus Andronicus first time they'd been here in 5 years. It was very good but not as good as last time seeing as they had to dilute the set with material they've done since, even though with replacing some of the members they're probably a better band now than they were then.

Right at the start the singer came out and said that everyone was there to have fun but asked that no one be a prick and spoil anyone else's fun.

Los Campesinos. They played all the hits. I stood on the balcony, sang along and managed to resist having a £5 can of Red Stripe. It's nice be reminded that you can have fun at gigs without boozing sometimes.

i thought titus were excellent last night. great crowd/atmosphere. killer setlist. i love them. so much that i'm off to cork in a while to see them again.

I went to @Unclealo and Spook Of The Thirteenth Lock performing Lockout in Hangar on Saturday night. I, sadly, missed the opening 15 minutes but the rest of it was incredible. I have to say it felt like a musical designed specifically with me in mind. Beautiful performance by Al and the rest of the folks. Emotive, energetic, and the sound was excellent.

I missed the very start too, but have to say I thought it was moving and brilliant, and way less guitar-orchestra dependent than I thought it would be, thought they used that resource pretty subtly.

Hangar is an odd place. Not bad, but odd.

Went to lightening bolt, great seeing them again. A force of fucking nature.

Most civilised Lightning Bolt I've been at which made for a nice change. (although the folks up front tried their hardest to party hard).

Cool, going to see them in London tomorrow. Will be down the back acting my age!

Cool, going to see them in London tomorrow. Will be down the back acting my age!
Thankfully the 'playing on the floor' shenanigans are no longer. Make sure to check out Dan Friel, happy-noise à la Dan Deacon. As a mate pointed out last night, Friel has nailed Dumb & Dumber Jeff Daniel's hair.

Thankfully the 'playing on the floor' shenanigans are no longer. Make sure to check out Dan Friel, happy-noise à la Dan Deacon. As a mate pointed out last night, Friel has nailed Dumb & Dumber Jeff Daniel's hair.

Missed the support as I was watching the football.

I never take videos of gigs but I made an exception for the encore last night. I love how the dude in the Green Lantern t-shirt looks like he's trying to get a mobile signal amidst all the chaos.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Missed the support as I was watching the football.

I never take videos of gigs but I made an exception for the encore last night. I love how the dude in the Green Lantern t-shirt looks like he's trying to get a mobile signal amidst all the chaos.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That looks like it was a lot of fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back