What gig did you go to last night? (7 Viewers)

Like a lot of other aul lads, I was at Yo La Tengo last night and really enjoyed it. Have found the last album a bit boring, but the gig was great. Having good seats was a total winner.

Loved that, after 2 hours of avant-garde feedback, they played out on one of the sweetest songs I have ever heard. It sounded like a long lost Velvet Underground track.

Great craic all round. They clearly must know they are messing for some of it, but never crack a smile, stick to the art.

Forgot my earplugs mind. The long song they played from I Am Not Afraid Of You... towards the end was punishing.

I hope they didn't charge for the feedback.

I suppose they would be entitled to since they own the amps...probably included it gratis

Like a lot of other aul lads, I was at Yo La Tengo last night and really enjoyed it. Have found the last album a bit boring, but the gig was great. Having good seats was a total winner.

Loved that, after 2 hours of avant-garde feedback, they played out on one of the sweetest songs I have ever heard. It sounded like a long lost Velvet Underground track.

Great craic all round. They clearly must know they are messing for some of it, but never crack a smile, stick to the art.
Like a lot of other lads and lasses. So many couples there I thought I'd wandered into a Moonie mass wedding. Really enjoyed it except the last tune before the encore, Pass The Hatchet, which was a pretty turgid, interminable anti-climax.

Last time (the first time) I saw them, I was very tired and left 3/4s into the first set. Seating helped the enjoyment a lot last night.

everything I've heard by Yo La Tengo was straight forward melodic indie rock so I've obviously gotten completely the wrong idea
I saw them live at Oxegen or Electric Picnic or something years ago. First song was a big monster krautrock jammer. I was smitten. Until they started their second song, bland generic indie rock which they continued with for about an hour. Dreadful.

I was at Yo La Tengo. Great gig, I think I've seen them 7 times now, probably as many times as I've put on they're albums on at home. This was excellent though, loved it. Nice to meet loadsa people too.

I saw them live at Oxegen or Electric Picnic or something years ago. First song was a big monster krautrock jammer. I was smitten. Until they started their second song, bland generic indie rock which they continued with for about an hour. Dreadful.
I listened to some recent live YLT after posting earlier and they sound like some melodic US indie rock I might well have listened to in 1992/93 but not after.
I knew their name back then I only remember hearing them once at the time.
They are good at what they do - it's just not my thing.

i saw ylt once. no clue where or when exactly. lambchop were supporting them and they were new at the time. ylt seemed blown away by lambchop and it seemed to set the tone for their own performance. the whole thing nearly put me to sleep. i had been expecting great things. i'd say they're able to put on an amazing show but that experience put a real dent in it for me

I was at Yo La Tengo. Great gig, I think I've seen them 7 times now, probably as many times as I've put on they're albums on at home. This was excellent though, loved it. Nice to meet loadsa people too.
That misuse of THEIR is really bugging me.
As for YLT gigs, I don't think you're ever guaranteed a brilliant gig with them. They're real humans playing music. They are tight and organised, like they were on Monday night, but could choose not to be.
I saw them at EP too and that gig meant nothing to me, I almost don't count it.

Eiko had a harmonica too. I was practically asleep for most of it (in a good way)
I had to keep craning my neck around to see her, a lad with a hat in front of me kept blocking my line of vision. Don't know how he kept it on, it was really warm in there!

Concur with how awesome Ishibashi/O'Rourke was.

I was in a half sleep trance state too... thought they had played for 20 minutes, was shocked when the young lad next to me said they'd played for 75 minutes!

Reaffirmed my faith in live music for that type of thing.

Concur with how awesome Ishibashi/O'Rourke was.

I was in a half sleep trance state too... thought they had played for 20 minutes, was shocked when the young lad next to me said they'd played for 75 minutes!

Reaffirmed my faith in live music for that type of thing.
maybe you fell asleep?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back