What gig did you go to last night? (4 Viewers)

people kept lorrying back and forth for pints, I would say a certain couple went to the bar at least 6 times during the set.

That drives me insane at gigs. There are people that seem to spend the entire gig weaving their way through the crowd, bumping into everyone. Idiots. And don't get me started on the people with backpacks............

Towards the end of the Mayhem set on Sunday, some lad ended up standing in front of me holding a pint of guiness type stuff in one hand, a pint of heineken type stuff in the other hand, and two LPs tucked under his armpit. I was standing just in front of the sound desk railing, so right behind where the moshpit would be really, and any time the pit came near him he started turning around in circles trying to protect his precious pints. At one point I even pushed one of his pint arms away from me as he had turned right around, I should have just knocked his pints everywhere myself the fuckin fool

I was a little underwhelmed too. The crowd really annoyed me, I was standing at the back (I think just a bit across from yourself and Mr. Chasm) and people kept lorrying back and forth for pints, I would say a certain couple went to the bar at least 6 times during the set. Loads of people didn't seem to have a clue who they are. I couldn't hear the electric violin at all, though tbh I thought it was really out of place.

Bradford's voice is absolutely beautiful but I wish he would have shut up with the showboating a bit throughout the set, he actually started to really annoy me at one stage and the left-handed thing and cringe.

The band was extremely lifeless but I assumed that was because they'd played two shows in a row with jet lag. Bradford seemed to be carrying the whole thing. Nothing Ever Happened to Me was great, but agreed, ruined with Horses.

The highlight for me was What Happens to People.
Oh Jesus, the left-handed bit. Had forgotten about that. Who thought that was a good idea?? Then there was this really bright light directly over my head that mysteriously came on as they started to play 'Helicopter'. Thought it was somehow part of the act but turned out whelans staff didn't know what to do about it and just taped over it with duck tape. Kind of ruined that one for me. 'What Happens to People' though. Great song. That and 'Nocturne' prove they've still got it.

Oh Jesus, the left-handed bit. Had forgotten about that. Who thought that was a good idea?? Then there was this really bright light directly over my head that mysteriously came on as they started to play 'Helicopter'. Thought it was somehow part of the act but turned out whelans staff didn't know what to do about it and just taped over it with duck tape. Kind of ruined that one for me. 'What Happens to People' though. Great song. That and 'Nocturne' prove they've still got it.

🦆 tape??

I'm not fucking standing at the back of every gig with the talkers and drinkers and shifters until you guys learn how to behave. Last gig I was at two little short arses barged through with their drinks complaining about tall people only to stand right in front of me chatting and laughing and trying to engage in craic with people who were just trying to listen to the music.

You want to be at the front then you get there early
True. We got there late so were marooned down the back. Had loads of pints as a result but at least weren't barging through the crowd. Well except anyone on the stairs but those people know what to expect.

I think it should be more of a tall people towards the sides, rather than relegated to the back, which isn't very fair. It could be more of a shorties in the center the whole way back. A beautiful half pipe of heads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back