What gig did you go to last night? (2 Viewers)

ernesto

Big stanks
Supporter
Threads
Website
strikeaction.bandcamp.com
Raced into the Olympia last night to see Baroness. I got to my poxy seat as their first song started. They are very good. Played mostly songs from Gold and Grey. Songs sounded better live because, lets face it, the album sounds shite. The bass was still too boomy and they could do with laying off the phasers every now and then. It was all over by 8.30pm. Still glad I went.
Hung around for a little bit considering staying for Volbeat but said fuck it and went home, though not before I met John from Baroness on the street and had a quick chat and a hand shake.
Back to Navan for a pint, then home before anyone had gone to bed. Result.
Ah feck I’d like to see Baroness.
Completely forgot about it but was in bed by 9pm anyway

GARYXKNIFEDX

Supporter
Threads
Website
Visit site
I had a free ticket for Volbeat/Baroness/Danko Jones. But only wanted to see Danko Jones and wouldnt have got there until they finished. Didn't bother in the end.

ann post

Threads
Last few

Comrade Hat / Captain A

Granted I was the support act but due to the occasion I actually got pretty hammered before the show and had a great time altogether. Comrade Hat with trio is unreal. I think to a person who listens to a load of crappy radio they'd probably call him jazz but there is way more than that going on.

Salthouse Sessions: Berrill / O'Loclainn / Walsh

This was a wonderful packed gig and the trio really went head to head with audience instead of slipping into dinner jazz mode.

Anna Mullarkey & Matthew Berrill

This was in a nightclub and was essentially a kindof expanded version on Anna's electro set with real life piano and sax. Savage musician.

Fixity

Loved this altogether - Four piece incarnation of fixity in a small venue. I suspect they'd be a little more intense in a non seated setup but were still great.

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Threads
Website
thumped.com
We watched the Fortnite end of season 10 event. I don’t know what they’re up to, but it’s funny.

NoNo

Threads
The twilight sad in the button factory. Such an intense singer. Thought they were superb. No smell of vomit either on the balcony anymore which was nice!

hermie

Supporter
Threads
Website
Visit site
Chromatics at Vicar Street last night. So beautiful and brilliant, and the covers of I'm on Fire and Running Up That Hill were :love: , and I love their new record. And people were quite well-behaved(y)
Argh I wanted to go to that. I miss everything nowadays

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
brainwashed.com
Chromatics at Vicar Street last night. So beautiful and brilliant, and the covers of I'm on Fire and Running Up That Hill were :love: , and I love their new record. And people were quite well-behaved(y)
I thought it was in a couple of days, I was toying with the idea of going. Oh well!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place
    Memorial
    Explosions In The Sky
    The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place
  • Vols. 11 & 12
    Noses in Roses, Forever
    Desert Sessions
    Vols. 11 & 12
  • In The Zone
    Toxic
    Britney Spears
    In The Zone

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads