What gig did you go to last night? (1 Viewer)

sep;9fuews?

Supporter
Threads
Roy Harper tonight. I've seen him loadsa times but this will be my first time to see him with a band. Excited.
AMAZING! You worry your favorite singer might be past it and then he goes all Gandalf with his grey hair and his beard, all fiery and full power on with his angry new songs, then all delicate and gentle. And I got to sit and listen to Hallucinating Light again, my favorite song ever even still. He kinda promoted this tour as his last ever but then at the end he said there was no reason the tour couldn't have a part two and he started skipping around the stage flapping his arms and grinning like a loon.

rettucs

Supporter
Threads
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
like lots of people I was at Sharon VanEtten on saturday. It was a great gig. Very memorable. I'd concur with what @Unicron said before about being somewhat lukewarm about her albums. The latest is very good and the first 2 were great. The 2 inbetween were so-so. The gig was fantastic though.

nuke terrorist

Threads
Overkill and Destruction in the Academy. We missed Flotsam & Jetsom. Very old school thrash metal. Excellent.
the doors were supposed to open at 6 pm but it was 6:10 pm when
they did. there were hundreds waiting to get in a that stage BUT
FLOTSAM & JETSAM went on at 6:20 pm as planned - people were
flooding in for first half of their set.

gig was great fun, venue perfect for gig - other than early start.
packed crowd went nuts for OVERKILL in particular.

Last edited:

xsteox

Threads
Pozoga/ Deathgrip / World of difference in the Hut. Bar one gobshite, pretty good gig.

Unknown Convict

Threads
Website
www.bop.gov
last sunday night (sorry @Anthony) went to see brian mooney in the fumbally. trio with 2nd guitar and piano. the guy's songs just get better - memorable melodies but never obvious and lyrics the veered from funny to tear-jerking. it had an unhurried 'trinity sessions'/tindersticks feel to it. i couldn't stick around for the free jazz headliner.

nuke terrorist

Threads
Pozoga/ Deathgrip / World of difference in the Hut. Bar one gobshite, pretty good gig.

never heard about that one...
wanted to go to FIEND / VIVID NIGHTMARE / BROKEN / RISING DAMP
@ Bohs Bar tonight but i'm too tired to make the trip. (I wouldn't have got home until 3:15 am)

GARYXKNIFEDX

Supporter
Threads
Website
Visit site
I would argue to advertise a gig properly,it needs constant mentions and reminders. Not just an odd mention.
But I suppose that's sometimes considered spam

xsteox

Threads
T.O.R.C.H collective are launching second issue of their zine @ FIEND gig....
was announced two months ago at least (?)
was mentioned on Hope Collective gig listings
...as was POZOGA gig now that I checked (so my own fault then)
Hope collective is where I'm getting a lot of gigs from. Didn't get to last nights gig either, as I've horrible cold.

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
brainwashed.com
T.O.R.C.H collective are launching second issue of their zine @ FIEND gig....
was announced two months ago at least (?)
was mentioned on Hope Collective gig listings
...as was POZOGA gig now that I checked (so my own fault then)
I know @jonah has mentioned it on IG but I’m with @GARYXKNIFEDX on this, promotion seems to be a lost art. Small networks on social media, no wider reach. I don’t think it’s necessarily the promoter’s fault that the Al Gore Rhythms are against them but whatever happened to posters and flyers?

GARYXKNIFEDX

Supporter
Threads
Website
Visit site
I know @jonah has mentioned it on IG but I’m with @GARYXKNIFEDX on this, promotion seems to be a lost art. Small networks on social media, no wider reach. I don’t think it’s necessarily the promoter’s fault that the Al Gore Rhythms are against them but whatever happened to posters and flyers?

And posting about it regularly,anywhere and everywhere.

I accept that posters are difficult these days. But when I was doing gigs(pre internet),it was a constant up until the gig.

jonah

Supporter
Threads
We did actually do posters for that gig but you're right, remiss in not posting here/everywhere, hands up on that one. I don't really do the TORCH promotion because I'm shite at this stuff but if anyone has other recommendations about where we should be posting out gigs that'd be sound :)

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
brainwashed.com
We did actually do posters for that gig but you're right, remiss in not posting here/everywhere, hands up on that one. I don't really do the TORCH promotion because I'm shite at this stuff but if anyone has other recommendations about where we should be posting out gigs that'd be sound :)
I actually knew about the TORCH thing because you posted about it on IG. I’m morning about promotion in general.

hermie

Threads
Website
Visit site
Saw Postcard Versions and Rising Damp in Freebird on RSD. Was raging to leave before School Tour but had the jung fella with me and he was starting to get antsy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• The Drought
    The Size Of Our Desires
    Puce Mary
    The Drought
  • Taking The Long Way
    Not Ready to Make Nice
    Dixie Chicks
    Taking The Long Way
  • Infernum
    Lonely at the Top
    Fauna
    Infernum

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads