What gig did you go to last night? (7 Viewers)

12832475_10153426410689071_4349589520979044423_n.jpg

Had a look in on Sunday at this big death metal fest going on over the weekend. I don't really follow this kind of music to much but it was enjoyable anyway. (very handy to stroll around to Smithfeild square for coffee in between bands)

3 separate people complemented the phase tones that night. It's a @moose creation. A double pedal that has a Vox Repeat Percussion on the other side. He calls it The Moonraker. I think it's a variation on a Phase 90, but its very rich sounding and you can get a real univbe sound out of it too. i love it.

It's based on a vintage Phase 90 type deal with carefully chosen transistors and tuned to my tastes. Also has the addition of the depth pot which opens up more dimensions.

On saturday, Marissa Nadler in the Button Factory.

Another beautiful performance by her. She's still quite nervous on stage (mostly between songs), but when she's singing and playing, she's great.

Shame about the paltry sized crowd, but I guess there was a lot of other things on on saturday night (Robert Forster, Julia Kent, soccer, etc).

Another beautiful performance by her. She's still quite nervous on stage (mostly between songs), but when she's singing and playing, she's great.

Shame about the paltry sized crowd, but I guess there was a lot of other things on on saturday night (Robert Forster, Julia Kent, soccer, etc).
I'd like to have gone but I went to the pub instead. Her new album is good.

On friday I went to see Pika vs Kawabata Makoto in the grand social. It was great, which I wasn't expecting at all

was it good?
honestly I did get a bit jealous that i wasn't there, despite knowing fuck all Springsteen.

that faded a bit when I heard all the irish heads going "dah da da daaaaa daaa doooooo do doooo" along with the instruments though.

I was at Springsteen, it sounded terrible, I was really cheesed off. In fact if I could have got an internet connection on my phone and checked the times I'd have left after an hour and got a train home.

That's 2 of his gigs in a row that have been ruined for me by the sound. I love the guy but I don't think I'll ever see him again.

could hear him pretty well from our's. I love those old Springsteen records, but the current showbiz Bruce is not for me.

Went to see Crowhammer supporting Yurt in the Bello Bar on Saturday. They were brilliant. I was absolutely locked from earlier in the day, waffled the ears off them after. Sorry lads.

I saw the Last Shadow Puppets in The Olympia on Friday. Really great. I had no idea what to expect so the ridiculous posturing and posing was somewhat of a shock at first but ultimately very entertaining. A mate warned that the sound was terrible the previous night and he couldn't hear the strings but it was perfect on Friday. Seated in the top balcony I had a great view and the queue for the bar and toilets wan't the usual Olympian nightmare. The only low point was some fucking section of the fucking crowd breaking into fucking Olé Olé Olé every so often.

Did you manage to catch Wrekmeister Harmonies supporting? Would have been at this myself if events hadn't conspired against me.

Did you manage to catch Wrekmeister Harmonies supporting? Would have been at this myself if events hadn't conspired against me.
yeah, I really enjoyed them. He played guitar in her band when she came on too. And when he was supporting, the girl that played keys and violin for Nadler, played with him.

The set started out very mellow and ambient. Later into the set it got pretty heavy (had to don the earplugs about half-way though). Really interesting, and really enjoyable.

yeah, I really enjoyed them. He played guitar in her band when she came on too. And when he was supporting, the girl that played keys and violin for Nadler, played with him.

The set started out very mellow and ambient. Later into the set it got pretty heavy (had to don the earplugs about half-way though). Really interesting, and really enjoyable.

Good to know, hopefully they'll swing by again!

I was at Marisa Nadler too. Really good. I was excited about the fact that she had a band but enjoyed the solo parts of her set more. Terrible turnout though. There were literally about 5 people watching Wreckmeister Harmonies.

Max Richter in the NCH

Its rare to experience something like that. Spellbinding stuff. I was in a trance for the entire 2 and a bit hours they played for.

Just, incredible.
Max Richter was fantastic, I didn't expect them to play so long. I did nod off during Sleep a couple of times but I felt that was very much in the spirit of things.

I already had tickets for Julia Kent when the gig was announced or I probably would have gone to Nadler if I had had the choice. I've seen Nadler twice before (once solo about 8 years ago and the last time she was here) and saw Kent at Odessa. Kent was great on Saturday but really wish there hadn't been a clash. Crowd there seemed smaller than when she was last here, maybe all the gig casuals spent all their money on Bruce Springsteen tickets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back