What gig did you go to last night? (3 Viewers)

Jill Hives

Once Removed
Contributor
Threads
Website
25.media.tumblr.com
he tweeted the other week that someone tried to pay him for merch via paypal but he didn't notice that the transaction didn't go through. He was appealing to the person to get in touch so it could get sorted. A good few heads stepped in and offered to chip in offset the loss. Casiotone/Advance Base fans are sound.
Aww, that's really lovely. Also, was a great gig, worth driving to Dublin.

hiadudiad?

Supporter
Threads
Anouar Brahem (with Dave Holland, Nasheet Waits & Django Bates) in the NCH. Very mellow middle eastern tinged jazz, it was excellent. As seems to be the norm in the NCH there was a serious sound problem - in this case the star of show's oud was barely audible.

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
brainwashed.com
Anouar Brahem (with Dave Holland, Nasheet Waits & Django Bates) in the NCH. Very mellow middle eastern tinged jazz, it was excellent. As seems to be the norm in the NCH there was a serious sound problem - in this case the star of show's oud was barely audible.
I don’t know what’s up with the sound guy there. Couldn’t hear Gavin Bryars’ double bass a couple of months ago.

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
brainwashed.com
the problem is the room. only decent sound I've heard there was for stars of the lid and I'm pretty sure they brought in a load of auxiliary equipment.
Generally I’ve found it excellent until the last year or so. General classical stuff sounds good any time I’m there and the sound for contemporary and Perspectives performances used to be great, I wouldn’t have said SOTL were unique in that.

hiadudiad?

Supporter
Threads
It probably varies depending on your position in the room too. The sound last night was beautiful for the piano, drums and bass - really pristine and lush, except your man was too quiet.

pavlos

Supporter
Threads
Big Monster Love/Deadlians/Jinx Lennon/Vicky Langan/DJ PCP in Jigsaw last night, great fun altogether.

YoungHearts

Contributor
Threads
Website
www.youngheartsrunfree.ie
D1 Records 25 Year Anniversary in Tengu last night was just amazing. Dechord was my own highlight - but the whole thing was just so excellent - everything about it. Wish it happened every month, or even bimonthly :love:

rettucs

Supporter
Threads
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
D1 Records 25 Year Anniversary in Tengu last night was just amazing. Dechord was my own highlight - but the whole thing was just so excellent - everything about it. Wish it happened every month, or even bimonthly :love:
this is how out-of-touch I'm getting with stuff. I can't tell which of the above is the band and which is the venue. 🤷‍♂️

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• Terror Twilight
    … And Carrot Rope
    Pavement
    Terror Twilight
  • The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place
    Memorial
    Explosions In The Sky
    The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads