What gig did you go to last night? (8 Viewers)

I was going to Christine & the queens last night at RDS but it was cancelled at the last minute (6:29pm with doors at 6:30pm)

Only learned it when I got to sandymount train station.

As I was staying in Dublin. I went to the gig in Whelan's (my search of sites showed no one I heard of) so I went to jade bird, Ferris & Sylvester ad someone else.

Not a bad gig at all. Folksy rocky pop. I had fun which surprised me as I was in a bit of a bad mood.

I was going to Christine & the queens last night at RDS but it was cancelled at the last minute (6:29pm with doors at 6:30pm)

Only learned it when I got to sandymount train station.

As I was staying in Dublin. I went to the gig in Whelan's (my search of sites showed no one I heard of) so I went to jade bird, Ferris & Sylvester ad someone else.

Not a bad gig at all. Folksy rocky pop. I had fun which surprised me as I was in a bit of a bad mood.

Was Vicar Street sold out?

Was at The Redneck Manifesto album launch there. They were brilliant as usual. Lots of familiar faces.

Wouldn't think it was sold out but a decent sized crowd. Excellent gig.

Rednecks as well, what can I say, good as ever. Hoping they play again in the spring, what with a new LP out and all.

Cheap Trick/Def Leppard

Cheap Trick were enjoyable enough,but as they were opening it was way too short a set. Unfortunately the sound was shit,and Rick Nielsen seemed to be having problems with guitars so they could definitely have been better.No keyboards,but a second guitar player this time.
Also the first time I've seen them and not got guitar pics.

Was going to go to belfast but there was only sitting tickets left. No thanks.

Stayed for about a half hour of Def Leppard. I thought they were shockingly bad. Seemed to be playing Hysteria front to back as expected,and the sound was so bad some songs were unrecognisable until the chorus. Seemed waaaaay too rehearsed for my liking and overall sounded almost prerecorded,probably due to the electronic drums and triggers.
To be fair though,bar a run of songs from the first two they were never really gonna win me over.

We brought Amy,she loved Cheap Trick and was singing along,but said the only thing good about Def Leppard was the lazers. We brought her up well.

The audience seemed to be lapping them up though.

Lauryn Hill on Friday was so great, and the visuals were impeccable - except for a couple of weird moments for Ex-Factor and a couple of other songs, where it was quite Microsoft 95 clip art - which was so strange, as the other visuals and footage were so good. Her voice remains so beautiful, and she came on at 9.45pm and played until around 11.15pm, and I WAS SO HAPPY.

Last edited:
Lauren Hill on Friday was so great, and the visuals were impeccable - except for a couple of weird moments for Ex-Factor and a couple of other songs, where it was quite Microsoft 95 clip art - which was so strange, as the other visuals and footage were so good. Her voice remains so beautiful, and she came on at 9.45pm and played until around 11.15pm, and I WAS SO HAPPY.

Both delighted and incredibly jealous to read this.

Toby Driver + Magic Pockets + Katie O'Neill in the Workman's club on Saturday. It was very excellent, nobody went.

Then yesterday I decided to go to Cork to see Toby Driver again last night. It was excellent again but unfortunately I hurt my back, didn't get to bed until 4.30am and I am at work now :-(

Toby Driver + Magic Pockets + Katie O'Neill in the Workman's club on Saturday. It was very excellent, nobody went.

Then yesterday I decided to go to Cork to see Toby Driver again last night. It was excellent again but unfortunately I hurt my back, didn't get to bed until 4.30am and I am at work now :-(

I also was one of the few who came out for this. Katie was awesome, obviously, but I really didn't enjoy Toby's set, I have to say. It bored the bejesus out of me. That said, hands up, I wasn't really a fan anyway, so I'll put this down as to not being for me at all.

Shite hope your back is OK :( Thanks for coming out! Me and @jonah were there you should have said hi!

Alas TD wasn't my cup of tea either - I did enjoy Magic Pockets immense skronk. My own set was a shambolic mad explosion I'm pleased enough with it!

I got a flyer on the way into Julia Holter about Toby Driver but I didn’t get out of the Button Factory until after 11 so didn’t pop round to it.

Julia Holter was terrific, I didn’t really know her stuff beforehand and ended up buying four albums on the back of it. Cool bonus: Tashi Wada is in her band and played super drone bagpipes on a couple of the songs. That makes up a little for him not playing here on his tour.

The Lost Brothers in that arts centre in Navan. Full house. They've got the older crowd sorted, but playing with a full band is a step in the right direction. Some older people I spoke to afterwards thought they were too loud which I think is a good sign.

The Outcasts in Drop Dead Twice,saw two bands before they played,but don't know who they were,they were decent enough.
I've seen the Outcasts a bunch of times at this stage,but they were perticularly good last night for some reason.
Pretty much didn't know anyone there.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Anthony
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back