What gig did you go to last night? (1 Viewer)

Thread starter #821

rettucs

Supporter
Threads
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
Courtney Barnett in the Olympia, her newest record broke her streak of having, in my opinion, never having released a bad song, but she was excellent last night.
I thought she was great too. Second time I've seen her on this tour and she was way better last night than last June.

Someone from thumped was sitting in front of me cos I could see them scanning their twitter feed and saw a lot of people from here were on it.

travispickle

Supporter
Threads
Courtney Barnett in the Olympia, her newest record broke her streak of having, in my opinion, never having released a bad song, but she was excellent last night.
I somehow completely missed the fact that she was playing, so am gutted to have missed her. The new album just hasn't grabbed me as much as previous releases either though.

travispickle

Supporter
Threads
Was at Teenage Fanclub in London last Thursday; great gig, their last with Gerard Love; spotted one or two familiar faces in the crowd.

Threads
Punch Brothers in NCH on Monday night. My third time seeing them and they were fantastic as always. Could take or leave the albums, but they are amazing live.

Lili Marlene

Sleeperbloke
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Punch Brothers in NCH on Monday night. My third time seeing them and they were fantastic as always. Could take or leave the albums, but they are amazing live.
Oh I didn't know they were playing. I saw them once in Whelans and it was so incredible. Agreed about their recorded output though, hard to work out what makes it so dull.

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Threads
Never heard of the Punch Brothers,just checked them out on youtube..pretty good!!

Threads
Oh I didn't know they were playing. I saw them once in Whelans and it was so incredible. Agreed about their recorded output though, hard to work out what makes it so dull.
Yeah, first time I saw them was in Whelan's in 2011 I think. Saw them in NCH around 3 years ago as well. Just incredible musicians and the interplay between instruments is superb. Played this as the encore - one of my favourite pieces of music from the last decade

Sya6Jh2pwzA

Anthony

Supporter
Threads
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
I suggest a "what gig are you going to tonight?" thread because a load of these sound great but I'd no idea they were happening. Yes I know we have the Upcoming Gigs thread but that's different.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... if we have any.

Upgrade now

Buy me a coffeeBuy me a coffee

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads