What gig did you go to last night? (3 Viewers)

Nick Oliveri/Mondo Generator and Komatsu

Komatsu were great, real sludge fest. Bought a T shirt.

Nick O, fair old smattering of Kyuss, QoTSA and Mondo songs one after another. Loud and shouty but really good, poor turnout assume because of Lightning Bolt. Saw him in Thomas house a year or so ago on his own, full band was much better dynamic, says he'll come back.

The end

Nick Oliveri isn't in prose after his SWAT experience? I saw him support Mark Lanegan at the Ambassador years ago, met him afterwards. Only then did I realise how drugged up one man could look.

Matthew E White in the Button Factory.

Really excellent gig. The live sound brings a whole new dimension to his songs that either isn't there, or is hard to glean from his albums (which I like too, but sound a bit underwhelming after hearing the songs played live).

My second time to see him. But by far and away, the best.

Brought my daughter to see Walk The Moon in the Olympia...sold the fuck out by the looks of it
They were on the ball,obviously considering most 9 year olds want to see 1D or Beiber etc I'm very happy she's into an actual band so kudos all round.

Except to the soundman.The sound wasn't great.
The word I would use would be "blaring".
But it was good and loud.

I was the oldest person in the crowd and Daisy was the youngest,although not by much I saw two 11 year olds in a box sitting down relaxing the little feckers.
I had a bag of m&ms.

They were the brown bag.I NEVER would buy the brown bag only yellow but they were Daisys treat so who am I to complain.

They were fucking absolutely gorgeous!First sweets I've had in months.I had a big slice of cake after the show too so all in all it was a great result for The G

saw glenn jones (+ landless & rue) last night. really excellent gig. jones played steel-string acoustic & banjo, mostly from his new album 'fleeting'. highlights were his robbie basho-inspired piece 'portrait of basho as a young dragon', the muted banjo piece 'cleo asleep' (muted banjo has a sound somewhere between santoor, music box and washington phillips' dolceola - i could've listened to a whole set of it), mother's day and june too soon. between-song repartee was entertaining and informative, with great stories and info about both fahey and basho, both of whom he knew. his playing style is equally informed by both, but with ample personal style that, for me, puts him at the pinnacle of modern-day acolytes of the american primitive guitar.

hats off to @Vinnie for putting it on and especially for his pre-show speech asking for silence during the performances and to the crowd for respecting it. such a pleasure to be able to hear every note, buzz and twang from the strings, not to mention the vocal harmonies of landless.

he's in cobh tonight at the sirius arts centre. if you're in cork, even fermoy, mallow, dungarvan, and humming about whether or not to make the trip, don't delay. doors are at 5.30. you won't regret it.

I went to see Red Alert last night in On The Rox. They were awesome,pity the music from downstairs bled through so loud though.

I was at the Glenn Jones gig too. Really great.

I had just cleared the decks in work and at home so I could go to Glenn Jones when it was announced that it was sold out. Literally seconds between hitting "save" on an experiment and the push notification on the phone.

two last night because fuck my hearing.

Richmond Fontaine - Workmans (Sold Out)
Bittersweet knowing it will be the last time they play Dublin. Excellent live as always, lots more rocking than on the records. Willy Vlautin is a great charismatic front man.

The Run Ons - the Mezz
Late night gig thing with drunk people trying to pull in front of the lads. It's very loud with the low ceiling. I reckon you earn your stripes playing in there with the lack of sound check and dancing dreadlocks. Great band. Nice phaser @mark

Crevice (Irene Buckley, Elaine Howley & Roslyn Steer)
David Colohan
Kate Carr (Flaming Pines)
Gavin Prior
Bello Bar
Friday, 29th April

This was great, never heard of Crevice before but they're deadly

Richmond fontaine are playing their final final Irish show in Whelans on October 15. tickets are on sale for the gig already

Grant Lee Phillips - Whelans
Never seen him before and don't know any of his solo stuff, but this was great. 2 hours worth with loads of stuff from Might Joe Moon and a Prince and Bowie cover to finish. Nice fella.

No effects on the big gibson sj-200. Also, he's about 5ft 6.

Caught 20 minutes of Mick Pyro's blues thing in the front bar after. Absolutely brilliant, fair play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back