What gig did you go to last night? (4 Viewers)

Dogs and Pigs (Three Different Ones) were fantastic! What amazing songs they are, it was great to see a band playing them. Roger kept a low enough profile, I thought, just playing away I the bass a lot of the time
I liked that about the gig. I'm usually not one for liking when people play other people's songs note for note, even if the lad who wrote the song is on stage with them. But when he introduced the band at the end he said something to the effect of.... 'on lead guitar, and singing all the parts David used to sing', I really liked that. It was as if he was saying they weren't his own parts to sing, hence getting this other lad in to sing them. It was sort of respectful. Well either that or he was just being a lazy bollox.

What do yis think about Deja Vu and The Last Refugee and the imagery used? I.e the house getting blown up by a drone just as he's singing about a woman I get kitchen getting blown up by a drone, or the Aylan Kurdi stuff? Shameful appropriation of tragedy for the sake of creating an audiovisual extravaganza or is it alright? I guess he's clearly sincere when he sings about these things so I reckon it's alright. I love those two songs, although the indifference of an arena to unfamiliar songs was obvious, I can see now why he doesn't play all the new album followed by all of Amused To Death like he probably would have done in his younger years.

nah, not shameful. He's consistent. It was predictable the visuals were gonna include a load of stuff like that. And it's what that album is all about, after all.

I'd fuckin love if he played all of Amused to Death. I was looking at the setlist of the 2002 show. Still my favourite Waters gig. Loads of his solo stuff that night.

It'd be cool if he just hired Gilmour as a session musician for the tour
I don't know why they don't do a tour together. Waters is absolutely milking the loot out of the old Floyd stuff. He's raking in absolute millions and there's no sign of him stopping it anytime soon. Surely Gilmour, or even Nick Mason (rich and all as they are) wouldn't mind a bit of that action.

I actually got a bit sad during the gig on tuesday that Rick Wright is no longer around. Especially during the Animals stuff that he was so prominent in.

I don't know why they don't do a tour together. Waters is absolutely milking the loot out of the old Floyd stuff. He's raking in absolute millions and there's no sign of him stopping it anytime soon. Surely Gilmour, or even Nick Mason (rich and all as they are) wouldn't mind a bit of that action.
Well, they don't get along very well and I doubt they need the money

Well, they don't get along very well and I doubt they need the money
well there was Live 8 and then Gilmour appeared at one of Roger's Wall shows in London. I thought that suggested that things were, at least, a bit better than in the past.

As for it being his last tour. As long as the political landscape of the world is gone to shit, and there's no sign of that changing anytime soon, he'll need a soapbox to preach from. I reckon he'll do something, even if it's a lot more low-key than the shit he's been doing.

Was also curious that young Harry wasn't with him on this tour. Must have gotten his aul lad's big toe out of the band.

Tuneyards in the Tivoli. Would be curious to know what others thought of it but I thought it was a bit all over the shop. There were some great moments but overall it was a mess. Her band is now just her, a drummer, and a bass guitarist. They each have some sort of gadgets with pre-recorded samples that, when played, had ridiculous volume levels.

I was expecting something a little more along the lines of her previous gigs where she'd record some loops but it was mostly live. Last night she did record some loops but mostly stuff was pre-recorded. And the sound was dreadful. The volume levels of the 2 mics were different, and you could barely hear the main one.

The high points were where she made little or no use of those gadgets (Powa) and the high points were great. Just not enough of them for me. She was trying to do too much and looked a bit distracted at times.

Far from the best I've seen her. Enjoyable in parts, but overall disappointing.

Tuneyards in the Tivoli. Would be curious to know what others thought of it but I thought it was a bit all over the shop. There were some great moments but overall it was a mess. Her band is now just her, a drummer, and a bass guitarist. They each have some sort of gadgets with pre-recorded samples that, when played, had ridiculous volume levels.

I was expecting something a little more along the lines of her previous gigs where she'd record some loops but it was mostly live. Last night she did record some loops but mostly stuff was pre-recorded. And the sound was dreadful. The volume levels of the 2 mics were different, and you could barely hear the main one.

The high points were where she made little or no use of those gadgets (Powa) and the high points were great. Just not enough of them for me. She was trying to do too much and looked a bit distracted at times.

Far from the best I've seen her. Enjoyable in parts, but overall disappointing.

Thought i saw some emergency equipment request thread floating around social media for this lastnight. Some thing broke or lost, could have been a factor if there was no replacement found and it went plan b.

Thought i saw some emergency equipment request thread floating around social media for this lastnight. Some thing broke or lost, could have been a factor if there was no replacement found and it went plan b.

Maybe it was the same shit sound engineer as ATDI had in Vicar St.

There was this on twitter

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

They needed a sampler. Sounds like they had a few anyhow.

Autechre...of the many times I've seen them, this was the first where I didn't have a few beers on board and wasn't dancing and could hear everything they were doing. It was total deadly buzz from start to finish. I felt like the little green dude in the Autobahn video.
They were supposed to be in complete darkness, but it was the NCH and there was lots of emergency lighting...but apart from this it was one of the most immersive gigs I can remember ever having attended. It was like a Lazybird reunion...lots of mellowed-with-age 90's hep cats. Ten on ten.

Autechre...of the many times I've seen them, this was the first where I didn't have a few beers on board and wasn't dancing and could hear everything they were doing. It was total deadly buzz from start to finish. I felt like the little green dude in the Autobahn video.
They were supposed to be in complete darkness, but it was the NCH and there was lots of emergency lighting...but apart from this it was one of the most immersive gigs I can remember ever having attended. It was like a Lazybird reunion...lots of mellowed-with-age 90's hep cats. Ten on ten.

I was at this too, and I'd agree with all of the above. The sound in the venue!! The physical presence of it was amazing.

Amazing venue to see them in. I was wondering if they would use the organ in some way, that section was great with the chiming metal sounds - some really evil sounding shit there at the start of the set and that bit in the middle when those beats kicked in - so many brilliant details. It was all great really.

Enjoyed Andy Maddocks as well, that was a nice warm up for the main event.

Lots of faces I recognised as well from years past in Conways, Lazybird etc alright!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back