What gig did you go to last night? (2 Viewers)

Declan O'Rourke on Saturday evening in the Ramor Theater in Virginia.
Very enjoyable couple of hours

Roger Waters. Prick puts on a great show. Still mostly Floyd stuff but at least he's mixing up the set a bit more. Played 'One of These Days' from Meddle and 'Dogs' and 'Pigs (three different ones)' from Animals. Those Animals songs were the highlight. They were fantastic. He played 4 songs from the new album and a rendition of 'Danny Boy' that we could have done without. Great lightshow, great visuals, and the expected political messages that have become the norm with Waters.

10/10, but for 130 euro it would fucking have wanted to be. The robbin prick.

Did he sing Danny Boy in his Irish accent that he loves to put on?
nah, he was a bit croaky. It was mostly Lucius doing the singing and he'd chime in with an occasional croak.

Forgot to mention Lucius were amazing. Don't know how their working with him came about but they're a bigger presence on stage than any of his previous backing singers that I can remember.

Just read Tony Clayton-Lea's review in the Times. He said he wouldn't spoil the ending for people going tonight. No clue what that's about. Wasn't anything special at the ending that I can recall. Unless it was that prism yoke but that's hardly a surprise.

Roger Waters. Prick puts on a great show. Still mostly Floyd stuff but at least he's mixing up the set a bit more. Played 'One of These Days' from Meddle and 'Dogs' and 'Pigs (three different ones)' from Animals. Those Animals songs were the highlight. They were fantastic. He played 4 songs from the new album and a rendition of 'Danny Boy' that we could have done without. Great lightshow, great visuals, and the expected political messages that have become the norm with Waters.

10/10, but for 130 euro it would fucking have wanted to be. The robbin prick.
I'm going tonight; really looking forward to it

Roger Waters in the three arena. A superb performance by him and his band which included 2 members of lucius and Also Jonathon Wilson. Only issue was his failure to know that Francis Black isn't a man when he read out her upcoming Palestine related bill. An expensive night out but he played what the fans wanted and the sound, lighting, effects etc were perfect.
It was nice to not feel old in the crowd as well for a change!

Yeah, it was great, I expected it to be shit. He did say something to the effect that he didn't really know who Frances Black is so I don't hold that against him. Danny Boy... Yeah, I enjoyed it I suppose. Comfortably Numb shouldn't really be a wave-along cheery sing-along thing, it should have been sombre with everyone listening quietly. In fact there were cunts talking all over the place throughout the gig. Fuck them, I still enjoyed it. Things really ramped up I the second half.

Dogs and Pigs (Three Different Ones) were fantastic! What amazing songs they are, it was great to see a band playing them. Roger kept a low enough profile, I thought, just playing away I the bass a lot of the time

What do yis think about Deja Vu and The Last Refugee and the imagery used? I.e the house getting blown up by a drone just as he's singing about a woman I get kitchen getting blown up by a drone, or the Aylan Kurdi stuff? Shameful appropriation of tragedy for the sake of creating an audiovisual extravaganza or is it alright? I guess he's clearly sincere when he sings about these things so I reckon it's alright. I love those two songs, although the indifference of an arena to unfamiliar songs was obvious, I can see now why he doesn't play all the new album followed by all of Amused To Death like he probably would have done in his younger years.

I thought it was an amazing show; superb sound and visuals. Amazing that some songs written 40 or so years ago still have relevance today too; or at least still work when recontextualised. He was terrific; I loved the kids in guantanamo jumpsuits and of course the inflatable pig and scary dark globe. Great show.

Dogs and Pigs (Three Different Ones) were fantastic! What amazing songs they are, it was great to see a band playing them. Roger kept a low enough profile, I thought, just playing away I the bass a lot of the time
I quite liked that, the fact that he just noodled along during some songs, and as my mate said "he's not Bono"; it's not about him, it's about the songs and the message. I thought the backing singers were fantastic to watch too; your man Jonathan Wilson has some voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back