What gig did you go to last night? (7 Viewers)

I wasn't at that John Cale gig but I saw him years ago in the Village. I can't remember if I enjoyed the gig necessarily, but I do remember quite vividly that I thought to myself, JAYSUS THERE'S JOHN CALE, for the entirety of the show.

He's one of those, isn't he. Doesn't matter if you enjoy it or not, it's JOHN FUCKING CALE.
Yeah for sure there is an element of that; but i have to say I really did enjoy the gig. I only saw him once before a few years ago doing Paris 1919 but i thought the Nch gig was much better. You have to indulge him i think as he doesn't necessarily do the "hits" and he messes around with songs, but he was in good form; and I thought he was pretty rocking.

went to see the Manics as part of Robert Smith's Meltdown on Tuesday although it feels like last night because I'm still a bit hungover. If you've seen one Manics gig in the last ten years then you've seen them all really. A fairly uninspiring setlist - they covered The Cure and played Motown Junk which they haven't been playing on this tour. I went to the bar during Faster. It was the acoustic version - no need for that rubbish.

went to see the Manics as part of Robert Smith's Meltdown on Tuesday although it feels like last night because I'm still a bit hungover. If you've seen one Manics gig in the last ten years then you've seen them all really. A fairly uninspiring setlist - they covered The Cure and played Motown Junk which they haven't been playing on this tour. I went to the bar during Faster. It was the acoustic version - no need for that rubbish.
that gig we went to where they played all their singles was good tho, kind of felt like that was that for my fandom. I wish they'd actually embrace their current 6-piece live lineup and record an album like that, they need something fresh.

re:thread

I went to London the other day to see David Byrne and it was so good I wanted to cry. The bit where it was all amazing all the time was the best bit.

that gig we went to where they played all their singles was good tho, kind of felt like that was that for my fandom. I wish they'd actually embrace their current 6-piece live lineup and record an album like that, they need something fresh.

Yes! I have actually really enjoyed lots of their gigs from the last ten years but this one just wasn't for me.

Also I went to the The Ex last night and they were deadly as ever.

I went to London the other day to see David Byrne and it was so good I wanted to cry. The bit where it was all amazing all the time was the best bit.

Those gigs he's doing right now. They sound amazing and everyone I know who has seen them have been raving about them. But it's a pity that I kinda hate DB and talking heads.

Those gigs he's doing right now. They sound amazing and everyone I know who has seen them have been raving about them. But it's a pity that I kinda hate DB and talking heads.
Consider your life choices, get into Talking Heads and stop wasting time on hate

MV5BZDBmZjRiM2QtYzQ0Ny00NTg3LWJjNDgtNzlhN2M0MGU2OWU5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTk1NTMyNzM@._V1_.jpg

Did I see David Byrne is playing Dublin later this year?
yep yep

Fantastic. Last time I saw him (NCH) was one of the best things ever. Really looking forward to seeing this show in October.

The Ulster final

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Was in an even better spot than the cameras for this goal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back