What gig did you go to last night? (9 Viewers)

I really enjoyed Nick Cave. Fantastic band. I really liked the career spanning set.
I had issues with the venue though. The queues for a drink were horrendous. By the time I got back I'd lost my place and ended up behind the sound desk watching a big screen. I also was told gone on that Michael Jackson style " let the children come unto me" ending. Felt a little too hero worshiping to me. He's not the messiah...etc.

Patti Smith was n great form. Full of people power and hippy spiritually but she's so sincere she gets a pass. Would have been nice to hear this though
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Lost Brothers in Liberty Hall. What a great venue. I'd love to see more gigs there. The Lost Brothers had a special one-off band playing with them of famous Americans (someone more into the scene than I can elaborate). Good stuff.

Just in from Gorillaz in Malahide Castle. Was excellent. Very enjoyable. Everyone up for it and dancing. Fantastic crowd, loads of kids (under12) in gorillaz merch with their parents. Massive sense of occasion. We ended up near a load of bros in the crowd and that was annoying. We moved a bit and were surrounded by cool people digging it.
Only downside, outdoor gigs people can smoke and holy shit everyone was smoking. Gross cigarettes and jazz cigarettes.

looks like a lot of space at that,is that normal for big gigs like that these days?

Went to Zooparty in Drop Dead Twice the other night. Wasn't bad.

John Cale at NCH. It was good although I had enough of it by the end. I'm not sure the concert hall is really a suitable place for rock gigs. This lad in the seat next to me had his legs splayed really shamelessly and outrageously. Sitting back beaming at the stage with a mad smile he was, i thought he was going to whip his flute out, Thankfully I didn't notice until the applause for Venus In Furs late in the gig. Maybe the lyrics got him hot and bothered.

John Cale at NCH. It was good although I had enough of it by the end. I'm not sure the concert hall is really a suitable place for rock gigs. This lad in the seat next to me had his legs splayed really shamelessly and outrageously. Sitting back beaming at the stage with a mad smile he was, i thought he was going to whip his flute out, Thankfully I didn't notice until the applause for Venus In Furs late in the gig. Maybe the lyrics got him hot and bothered.
I was at that too, I thought it was great. NCH doesn't always work for rock gigs, but I thought the sound for Cale was superb, and the visuals were great too. One of the things I like about seeing gigs there is the lack of what a mate of mine calls gigwankers. You don't get cnuts talking through shows and constantly taking pics or vids or whatever. I thought the ending was a bit abrupt though.

I was at that too, I thought it was great. NCH doesn't always work for rock gigs, but I thought the sound for Cale was superb, and the visuals were great too. One of the things I like about seeing gigs there is the lack of what a mate of mine calls gigwankers. You don't get cnuts talking through shows and constantly taking pics or vids or whatever. I thought the ending was a bit abrupt though.
I wasn't sure I could hear his keyboard a lot of the time but I didn't know who was doing what a lot of the time anyway. I couldn't see the drummer at all where I was sitting.
It was abrupt alright, but he played a long enough set all the same, no messing around

I wasn't sure I could hear his keyboard a lot of the time but I didn't know who was doing what a lot of the time anyway. I couldn't see the drummer at all where I was sitting.
It was abrupt alright, but he played a long enough set all the same, no messing around
Yeah i could barely see the drummer; stage set up looked a bit messy. The bass player was amazing i thought!

I wasn't at that John Cale gig but I saw him years ago in the Village. I can't remember if I enjoyed the gig necessarily, but I do remember quite vividly that I thought to myself, JAYSUS THERE'S JOHN CALE, for the entirety of the show.

He's one of those, isn't he. Doesn't matter if you enjoy it or not, it's JOHN FUCKING CALE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back