What gig did you go to last night? (4 Viewers)

Unicron

Supporter
Threads
Website
theformersovietreublic.bandcamp.com
Titus Andronicus first time they'd been here in 5 years. It was very good but not as good as last time seeing as they had to dilute the set with material they've done since, even though with replacing some of the members they're probably a better band now than they were then.

Right at the start the singer came out and said that everyone was there to have fun but asked that no one be a prick and spoil anyone else's fun.

ilovehoovering

Supporter
Threads
Los Campesinos. They played all the hits. I stood on the balcony, sang along and managed to resist having a £5 can of Red Stripe. It's nice be reminded that you can have fun at gigs without boozing sometimes.

jay69

Threads
i thought titus were excellent last night. great crowd/atmosphere. killer setlist. i love them. so much that i'm off to cork in a while to see them again.

Anthony

Supporter
Threads
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
I had to go to The Middle Ages in the Bello Bar on Saturday night. They were very good but need to do more gigs. They played for about 4 or 5 songs too long, I was sick of yer man's voice by then.

coast to coast

Threads
I went to @Unclealo and Spook Of The Thirteenth Lock performing Lockout in Hangar on Saturday night. I, sadly, missed the opening 15 minutes but the rest of it was incredible. I have to say it felt like a musical designed specifically with me in mind. Beautiful performance by Al and the rest of the folks. Emotive, energetic, and the sound was excellent.
I missed the very start too, but have to say I thought it was moving and brilliant, and way less guitar-orchestra dependent than I thought it would be, thought they used that resource pretty subtly.

Hangar is an odd place. Not bad, but odd.

Theseus Mock

Threads
Cool, going to see them in London tomorrow. Will be down the back acting my age!
Thankfully the 'playing on the floor' shenanigans are no longer. Make sure to check out Dan Friel, happy-noise à la Dan Deacon. As a mate pointed out last night, Friel has nailed Dumb & Dumber Jeff Daniel's hair.

Unicron

Supporter
Threads
Website
theformersovietreublic.bandcamp.com
Thankfully the 'playing on the floor' shenanigans are no longer. Make sure to check out Dan Friel, happy-noise à la Dan Deacon. As a mate pointed out last night, Friel has nailed Dumb & Dumber Jeff Daniel's hair.
Missed the support as I was watching the football.

I never take videos of gigs but I made an exception for the encore last night. I love how the dude in the Green Lantern t-shirt looks like he's trying to get a mobile signal amidst all the chaos.

sleepy

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
Missed the support as I was watching the football.

I never take videos of gigs but I made an exception for the encore last night. I love how the dude in the Green Lantern t-shirt looks like he's trying to get a mobile signal amidst all the chaos.

That looks like it was a lot of fun

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Threads
Website
thumped.com
He was great fun,really enjoyed the second last tune,it sounded like a commodore 64 game in which Kevin Shields goes to the shop to pick up tea bags
I miss the time when ideas like that could actually be successfully pitched and get made into games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)

• jimmybreeze

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads