What gig did you go to last night? (7 Viewers)

I totally forgot.
I was working at Coldplay in Croke Park. Handing out those light up wristbands. Long boring day then 3 hrs of being super busy. First time ever in Croker, so that was nice. Interesting crowd for Coldplay. Loads of Brits, loads of Spanish, loads of elderly people, loads of special needs people, loads of parents with kids. Nice bunch really.
I watched the first few seconds of the gig then went home. They were playing sone of their slow hits as I was walking down Clonliffe Road and loads of locals were out chilling in the summer night listening. It was quite lovely.
Did I post all this already? I can't even remember anymore.

who were they supporting?

No one.
20031763_10154871161443284_3636316440503182265_n.jpg

I went to Sunn O))) on Tuesday night. It was amazing, fifth time seeing them and it was probably the best. It was very loud, very foggy and very psychedelic. There was a terrific middle bit where they switched off the guitars and it was just synth, trombone and vocals - total doom jazz.

I went to Sunn O))) on Tuesday night. It was amazing, fifth time seeing them and it was probably the best. It was very loud, very foggy and very psychedelic. There was a terrific middle bit where they switched off the guitars and it was just synth, trombone and vocals - total doom jazz.

I am so raging I missed this.

Argh, why didn't I go? Just back from holidays and penniless is the reason but still, why?

Belle and Sebastian.

Overall, really good. They dick around a bit too much between songs and it felt a bit laboured for the first while. Still, they covered a fair spread of their back catalog, and pretty much all the 'hits' were in there. The last hour was great, once they finally built a bit of momentum, and when it did finally end, you wanted them to stay and play another few songs.

Kristin Hersh in the NCH. It was really enjoyable. Just her and her guitar (and another guitar that never got used), with no pedals or any effects or backing tracks. Pretty brave, really.

Some of the songs don't work at all with such a stripped back arrangement (in particular, one 50-foot-wave song didn't sound great at all), but mostly it was fantastic. I'd been listening to her last solo album quite a bit anyway, and the songs she did from that were great. Musically, it sounded a bit raw, but I find that very endearing.

And the spoken word was all passages from the most recent book. I'd have liked to have heard excerpts from the Vic book, or Rat Girl, but the passages she chose were perfect.

Small enough crowd too. Only the ground level was open and that was less than half full. There was still a nice atmosphere, all the same.

wait, she has another book?

or was it just from the essays from her last album? Sorry to miss it all the same, her performance in the Workmans a few years back was one of the best gigs i've ever been to.

Users who are viewing this thread

• xsteox
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back