What gig did you go to last night? (8 Viewers)

Chelsea Wolfe in Whelans supported by Wife. Wife was a good support act and worth coming in from the bar early for. Chelsea was excellent and seemed oblivious to the now traditional Dublin Saturday crowd chatters, She really should be playing far bigger venues.

jzkgj.jpg

vantage point for the necks last sunday at st. paul's church, bray. nice venue despite the fitted kitchen (stage left) and the absence of any ecclesiastical fixtures other than the stained glass.

Did you see the angels carved into the rafters?
no, i missed them. felt odd without an altar, pulpit, tabernacle, crucifix, etc. the kitchen was just bizarre - led to my wife and me getting a fit of the giggles pre-show imagining someone e.g. frying rashers/boiling cabbage just before doors open.
gig was amazing. something about churches brings out the best in them.

no, i missed them. felt odd without an altar, pulpit, tabernacle, crucifix, etc. the kitchen was just bizarre - led to my wife and me getting a fit of the giggles pre-show imagining someone e.g. frying rashers/boiling cabbage just before doors open.
gig was amazing. something about churches brings out the best in them.
Based on the church's website, it seems to be one of those earnest places that encourages the young people with coffee, Jesus and a place to hang (not a crucifix).

I had meant to send you a message pre-gig so
we could say hello but forgot. Necks time.

Wasn't able to go in Dublin,so went to Dundalk last Saturday to see Duncan Reid and the Big Heads. Always amazing.
Tiny pub called the Stags Head. Birthday cake presented to one of the locals etc.

The Maiden gig was fantastic! Most fun I've had in ages. The sound in the balcony wasn't great, muddy distorted vocals but I read that it sounded perfect on the ground floor.
I got Premier tickets through a mate. I had reservations about being confined to the balcony but the pros made up for the cons. No queuing, nice toilets, nice bar, really friendly staff and a private table. The set list was great, although they omitted some classics. They did however play the Trooper , and for the first time in my experience no one booed when Bruce flew the flag.
Someone jumped off the balcony and landed near the mixing desk. He's not dead as far as I know.

Balcony jumpers really change the atmos.
Some bollox jumped off the balcony at Ozzy in the Top Hat and landed on my brother. He was in a neck brace for a few days. Pre-sue culture. Pity.

The Maiden gig was fantastic! Most fun I've had in ages. The sound in the balcony wasn't great, muddy distorted vocals but I read that it sounded perfect on the ground floor.
I got Premier tickets through a mate. I had reservations about being confined to the balcony but the pros made up for the cons. No queuing, nice toilets, nice bar, really friendly staff and a private table. The set list was great, although they omitted some classics. They did however play the Trooper , and for the first time in my experience no one booed when Bruce flew the flag.
Someone jumped off the balcony and landed near the mixing desk. He's not dead as far as I know.
The Trooper is the only Maiden song that is essential, otherwise I'm happy for them to mix it up. Though I absolutely love The Wicker Man too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back