What format should I release my new record on? (1 Viewer)

Scientician 0.8

Supporter
Contributor
The last time around, in those heady days of 2011, I ordered 80 copies of a CD and stuck the album on bandcamp. Sold all physical copies and a few downloads.
What are the options these days? I mean I will probably use Bandcamp again unless anyone can suggest an alternative.

I suppose I could get wee toy gramophones made and load the tunes onto them. I dunno, do people release shit on vinyl or tape any more? I'm a smidgeen out of the loop.

Lots of hype floating around about yangaroo (for radio distro in ireland)

HOWEVER

also some rumours of it being stupidly expensive.

I guess

You could set up a bandcamp pre-order and see if CD's are worthwhile that way? I think its important to have a small number of hard copies ... the internet is completely perishable.

Timely question. I have it too. Presuming the way to go is bandcamp and upload it to all the digital stores via distrokid or tunecore. Then do some CDs for sending to the few people who want them. I'm helping a band out with a release at the moment and I'm finding lots of magazines etc are happy with a link to the album stored in yer Google Drive or DropBox etc. Just put a file in there with all the credits and information.
I convinced another artist to print a load of business cards once. They had a space where a download code was written. That was a promotional toy. Not sure how successful it was.

Timely question. I have it too. Presuming the way to go is bandcamp and upload it to all the digital stores via distrokid or tunecore. Then do some CDs for sending to the few people who want them. I'm helping a band out with a release at the moment and I'm finding lots of magazines etc are happy with a link to the album stored in yer Google Drive or DropBox etc. Just put a file in there with all the credits and information.
I convinced another artist to print a load of business cards once. They had a space where a download code was written. That was a promotional toy. Not sure how successful it was.

Semi- adding CD baby to the list of digital store interims

I think it might be more expensive, but a once off payment..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back