What ever happened to the van punks? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter kenn
  • Start date
  • Replies 32
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 1

kenn

Website
Visit site
A few years ago the punk scene was awash with Punks with Vans. The commercial vehicle enthusiast could be heard outside punk gigs discussing such important matters as DOE's and possible head gasket failure, with others rolling their eyes and walking away. These days you can go a full gig with people only talking about the bands, politics or sessions. Before any big session these vehicle owners phones would be hopping with some scabby punk looking for a lift and explaining that they had no cash for diesel. These days you'd be lucky if there was anyone in the back of Boh's punks van, let alone someone to drink with up the front.

So people what happened? I once counted over 12 punks with vans at a gig in lower deck. All driving.

think you need to ask yourselve that question.
what happened to you ????????????????????

You wrecked van culture by being such a lift meanie.

The 1911 census showed us that there were 600 milliners in Dublin city. How many milliners would there be now? NOT VERY MANY. The cosmic sands have shifted.

or this

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/campers/2784973

seemingly its a band van masqueradign as a camper

So to ask a difficult question - has anyone ever managed to get proper band insurance for a van / crew cab ? rather than late night gardener etc. if so how much?

the windows in that one don't look like they are ok for the new camper doe test.

some nice ones on donedeal alright http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/commercials/2749197 or http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/commercials/2749357

way cheaper ones than these as well.

i was wondering about that if ya could get comerical insurance by saying musican when they ask for your trade.anyone done this or know of anyone.as there are some good vans going for cheap all over the place right now.

Have heard they laugh at you as for some reason insurance companies associate vans and bands with late nights, drink, sessions, talking shite distracting the driver, making numbers in laybys, filling the back of the van with egits and head the balls etc

as if!

anyone on thumped insured as a band?

I have a van.I'm almost a van man.Just gotta sort out a few details then I'm rolling in style.

Have heard they laugh at you as for some reason insurance companies associate vans and bands with late nights, drink, sessions, talking shite distracting the driver, making numbers in laybys, filling the back of the van with egits and head the balls etc

as if!

anyone on thumped insured as a band?

maybe a sound and lighting tec,stage hand,event management or some such slightly related.
something that would explain the equipment if ya did have an accident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back