WHAT DO YOU WANT???? (1 Viewer)

Good to know.

I spotted this on Adverts and thought it might be just what you're after in the cheap Strat department.

Yamaha RGX 121FP - €110
Hmm definitely interesting but too ugly. Great deal with he case and all though.

I'm a single coil guitar man I think though. A humbucker needs to be splittable..or on a faded sg, otherwise nah

To follow in my old boy's footsteps, searching adverts for an old Eko Ranger.

i learned on my auld lad's Eko aswell. think i wrecked it in my early teens after it was given to me when himself replaced it with something a bit nicer
though i now i have a 12 string version that needs to have its neck refitted

i learned on my auld lad's Eko aswell. think i wrecked it in my early teens after it was given to me when himself replaced it with something a bit nicer
though i now i have a 12 string version that needs to have its neck refitted
Think he brought his home from Australia. So it made it from Italy, to some godforsaken Northern Irish in Australia gaff, back to Ireland, and didnt get any damage until we arrived.

Don't imagine the fret board saw a drop of lemon oil in 60 years either.

But I had it set up and a few frets replaced a couple of years ago and it is lovely. A beast.

Been surprisingly impressed by the grindstein pedal. Not a hugh fan on the "everything at ten" Hm2 tone, but this sounds good. Highgain peramp, boost and Hm2 in one pedal.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

have raised some cash from selling stuff so pondering buying something new - my head has been turned by these two as project/upgrade pieces:

or

pros and cons for both - matt finish, lack of position markers and lack of review for the stagg would be a negative (it is reduced from >300 elsewhere). But 3x p90s and a 5 way switch slot gives lots of scope for fucking about with a soldering iron and a bag of parts. I'm not sure if the body shape is quirky in a mid 60s way, or ugly in a mid 80s way.

The HB is basically a good quality take on a classic,

help me thumped.
(in the end I'll buy a wrecked guitar off adverts and spend the next 6 years tinkering with it)

have raised some cash from selling stuff so pondering buying something new - my head has been turned by these two as project/upgrade pieces:

or

pros and cons for both - matt finish, lack of position markers and lack of review for the stagg would be a negative (it is reduced from >300 elsewhere). But 3x p90s and a 5 way switch slot gives lots of scope for fucking about with a soldering iron and a bag of parts. I'm not sure if the body shape is quirky in a mid 60s way, or ugly in a mid 80s way.

The HB is basically a good quality take on a classic,

help me thumped.
(in the end I'll buy a wrecked guitar off adverts and spend the next 6 years tinkering with it)

I've decided the lack of fret position markers is a deal breaker. I'm far to much of a hack not to need to look down and see where I am.
the HB still in the running - I'm not afraid of swapping bits out and general tinkering if the basics are ok.
my gaze has strayed to this now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back