What do I need to buy for my forthcoming child? (1 Viewer)

So I take it nothing has changed in the last 11 years?

Congratulations!

When the 2nd one was born we bought lots of take away food and paper plates so we didn't have to cook and clean. That was a big help.

Apart from that, vests, nappies and those water wipes if you see them on sale anywhere. Best thing for cleaning a baby's arse.

Congratulations!

When the 2nd one was born we bought lots of take away food and paper plates so we didn't have to cook and clean. That was a big help.

Apart from that, vests, nappies and those water wipes if you see them on sale anywhere. Best thing for cleaning a baby's arse.
Thanks sleepy!

Yeah I've read that elsewhere. I dunno though. I like cooking. And if herself is basically breastfeeding half the day I might as well make myself useful and prepare some healthy meals. Perhaps that's a tad delusional.

Does Eurosaver do wet wipes and would you trust them?

Thanks sleepy!

Yeah I've read that elsewhere. I dunno though. I like cooking. And if herself is basically breastfeeding half the day I might as well make myself useful and prepare some healthy meals. Perhaps that's a tad delusional.

Does Eurosaver do wet wipes and would you trust them?

It's this brand World's Purest Baby Wipes | Wet Wipes | WaterWipes They're good, sometimes Tesco do offers on them.

You're probably better off cooking a load of healthy meals before it arrives and freezing them so you have them to hand. This is just to get you through the first few weeks because you're going to be operating on fuck all sleep and won't feel like doing a whole pile. We didn't do this first time around and we regretted it. We did it for when the 2nd kid arrived and it was a way more pleasant experience over all. It's just a case of being good to yourselves and not being too hard on yourselves for that first little while

I'd also recommend the Angel Care Baby Monitors. We got 1 and it was pretty much in constant use for about 5 years. It does have a nasty habit of picking up static and interference on that 1 night you're home alone watching horror films

It's this brand World's Purest Baby Wipes | Wet Wipes | WaterWipes They're good, sometimes Tesco do offers on them.

You're probably better off cooking a load of healthy meals before it arrives and freezing them so you have them to hand. This is just to get you through the first few weeks because you're going to be operating on fuck all sleep and won't feel like doing a whole pile. We didn't do this first time around and we regretted it. We did it for when the 2nd kid arrived and it was a way more pleasant experience over all. It's just a case of being good to yourselves and not being too hard on yourselves for that first little while
Awesome.

And duly noted. Unfortunately our freezer is about the size of a box of kleenex but I'm sure I'll think of something. (y)

+1 for the Water wipes and Angel Care. I love the random poltergeist bursts of noise out of the Angel Care. You can also do one-man noise shows by having the transmitter and receiver in the same room and using the transmitter as a mic/source of feedback. Best done without the baby asleep.

Aldi nappies are class by the way, much cheaper than Pampers. Lidl ones and Huggies are like horrible plastic sandpaper, avoid.

+1 for the Water wipes and Angel Care. I love the random poltergeist bursts of noise out of the Angel Care. You can also do one-man noise shows by having the transmitter and receiver in the same room and using the transmitter as a mic/source of feedback. Best done without the baby asleep.

Aldi nappies are class by the way, much cheaper than Pampers. Lidl ones and Huggies are like horrible plastic sandpaper, avoid.

Never used Huggies but Lidl's were always decent.

Do you have to hide all your 18 cert DVDs and stuff? I have a couple of gig posters in the hallway that would probably scare a stupid baby.

stupid babies need the most attention.

Do you have to hide all your 18 cert DVDs and stuff? I have a couple of gig posters in the hallway that would probably scare a stupid baby.

My daughter (2) was looking for Beauty and the Beast on DVD and said: "There it is!" It wasn't, it was The Road. She enjoyed it nonetheless.

I'm not gonna lie,I'm not looking forward to being asked about Knifed.

Also I couldn't decide if I was proud or terrified,when she started singing along to love gun by Kiss when she was 9.

Compostable nappies. Is that a goer at all?
It is. We used washable ones for our first, but when the second came along we didn't really have the heart to do all that laundry as well as childminding, so we used compostables instead. They were a bit dearer iirc, but sure we're mad eco-heads

Actually now that I think of it, they weren't great for rotting down. A few years after she was toilet trained I was digging out some old compost and there was still a layer of nappies in it. There was also a whole egg, which me and the eldest though it'd be hilarious to break to see what it smelled like. Mrs. egg_ sensibly ran off before we did. Wasn't one of our best ideas

We use washable nappies, and find them great. Most of my stash is on its second child now. There are so many different types and some work better than others depending on the shape of the baby. With the boy we used Beaming Baby disposables sometimes when we were travelling and didn't want to be worrying about washing. They were good and you can buy them online from Earthmother.ie. I really recommend cloth though, no poo leaks, really easy to use, not really more laundry than you'd have anyway with a tiny human, much cheaper in the long run, best for the environment, and SO cute! With the added bonus that you can use them for any other babies that might come along, and you can sell or hand on to someone else when you're all finished. You can get loans from Cloth Nappy Library Ireland which are great for trying different ones to see what works best for you. They also do newborn loan kits and long term loan kits - which are also great options if you don't want to buy a whole lot to start with. Using cloth with baby girl since she was born and they really are fab.

Oh, and whether you use washable nappies or not I really recommend using washable wipes (basically little face cloths and water) instead of disposable wipes, cheaper and they work better (and don't irritate baby bottoms) - and better for the environment too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back